News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann 44847 auto reverse

Started by mrmtox, November 29, 2015, 10:26:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrmtox

The product description says included are 4 pcs of 5" auto reversing straight track and 2 pcs of 5" straight track (not auto reversing, I assume?)  Can the length of run be increased using standard EZ track or must it be "Auto reversing". If so why the 2 pcs of regular straight track in the package? I need a straight run of about 72" 

Also, does the straight auto reversing track go at each end of the run?   Thanks!!

Hunt

Click Here for product instructions.

Add-on auto-reversing E-Z Track sections are Item Nos. 44848 & 44849.

mrmtox

Hunt: Thanks for the reply but that's not the question I asked. I am aware of the products list, but - Must the add-on lengths be auto reversing? If so why does the track included in the kit separately list  4 lengths of 5" AR track and 2 lengths of 5" EZ track? Are the two lengths not AR? Is so, why???

Hunt

All your questions are answered in the info provided except, Why are two lengths not auto-reversing?
They are to accommodate car(s) connected to motorized unit.

BTW you can use standard E-Z Track as add-on if you add wiring to complete the circuit from auto-reversing to auto-reversing section.

mrmtox

Hunt: Thanks again for your considerate reply. I'm beginning to understand this system a bit better. I don't have a clue what sort of "wiring" I'd need to complete the circuit you mentioned, so I think It would be easier to simply purchase the "AR track".  Thanks again!!

mrmtox

Hunt: Can you elaborate on what wiring needs to be done to be able to use regular EZ track?  I'm going to have a straight run of about 7' so it would sure save me some money not to have to use AR track for the whole length.
Continued thanks!!

"BTW you can use standard E-Z Track as add-on if you add wiring to complete the circuit from auto-reversing to auto-reversing section."

Mike C

I think there is just a wire that would run from one end of the track to the other . I don't see why you couldn't use regular track and just use some wire to connect the ends where you need it .

mrmtox

Mike C: How would that differ from simply attaching all the track pieces together as usual?? That makes a complete electrical connection - yes?

Mike C

I really have no idea, I'm just guessing . I would think there would be an electronic switch at either end that would reverse the train . But , I read that there is a wire between each end , so that is where I would guess that you would just have to extend the wire if you use regular track . Either way it should be fairly easy to figure out , it shouldn't be Rocket Science ....LOL . If it's something you want , I'd say go for it , and someone here will help you figure it out . BTW there are other Model railroad related boards that are a lot more active if you do a google search . I , and a few others here , post at different places .

Hunt

mrmtox,

Study the wiring on the underside of the A-A auto-reversing track and how the wires connect to continue the circuit to the next auto-reversing track at each end.

Visualize the run made using multiple standard E-Z Track pieces as one piece.   You add and connect two wires run from the auto-reversing track at one end of the standard track to the auto-reversing track at the other end.

Still not clear - then best you use all auto-reversing track.

Tom_C

mrmtox,

This is for an HO set, but it explains more about the track sections:

http://www.modeltrainforum.com/showthread.php?t=21160