News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The John Bull set

Started by 104bigwally, November 29, 2015, 09:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

104bigwally

I am new to this site and I have a question. Several years ago I bought a John Bull set. I never opened it (my mistake). Today I got it out to get ready to give to my great grandson. When I opened it it had neither the track nor the power pac. The box for these items were in the box but it was empty. Does anyone know where I might be able to find these items. The track was suppose to be a 45" X 36" oval.Thanks for any help.

ebtnut

You can use Bachmann's EZ Track or any other HO track (preferablly with nickle silver rail) to run the train.  Any DC powerpack will also work for power.  Note that the running characteristics of this model are marginal compared to the recent Bachmann offerings.

104bigwally

electrical whiz kid

Just food for thought:
sensing the age differential I suggest you scoff the "John Bull" thing. 
Bachmann markets some pretty good product-and backs them up admirably.  Might I suggest going with one of their train-set offerings..  In a larger scale, such as "O" scale or even larger.  I say that in mind with what I sense is a pretty young boy who's going to be more enthusiastic than dexterous-all of this from experience!  For instance, my young grandson has NEVER seen "that room"...  But he has a pretty nice "O" scale collection that grampy, and others can add to-and most of all, he is happy with it.

Rich C. 

Len

The "John Bull" set is more of a special interest sit on a shelf/siding set than being intended for operation. On the KL&B Eastern Lines RR Museum the JB sits on a siding most of the year, only coming out to play on the KL&B's anniversary.

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

104bigwally

Thanks for all the replies. i think I am going to give him an O scale train. That would be a better set for him. I am still wanting to get track and power pac for the John Bull set.

Hunt

Depending on where you buy it, the purchase of the Bachmann HO The DeWitt Clinton set, Item No. 00641 will cost just a little more than buying the track to build 47" x 38" oval and a Bachmann  power pack and speed controller.

Click Here to view Bachmann product video.