replacing bachmann casey jones steam locomotive 0-6-0

Started by charlesh, December 06, 2015, 04:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlesh

I have a set of Casey Jones HO with a 0-6-0 steam loco which is beyond repair. Can I just replace the loco only, everything else works OK.
Thanks,  Charles

jbrock27

Sure, if everything else is working the way it should, why replace anything else?  Any HO loco should work with the rest of what ya got.
Depending on what paperwork you have and how much $$ you want to invest, you may want to contact Bachmann Service about sending the busted 0-6-0 in for potential replacement possibilities.  Their contact info is on the Home Page of this site.
Keep Calm and Carry On

ebtnut

One thing to look at - what kind of couplers to you have - knuckles or horn-hooks?  Virtually all new loco models come with knuckle couplers, but old (20+ years or so) Bachmann train sets had horn-hooks.  If the set has horn-hook couplers, you'll likely need to replace the coupler on the tender of the new loco.  Longer term, best to replace all the couplers with knuckle types. 

charlesh

Thanks for reply.
The issue is different,  can somebody offer a new or even used loco. I didn't find just a loco online, just full package costing at least a hundred bucks.

jbrock27

You're welcome.

Ahh, where did you look "online"?

I am guessing it was not Ebay, or any of the big online presence sellers like Model Train Stuff, The Favorite Spot, Micro Mark...
Keep Calm and Carry On

charlesh

Thanks for the advise, I ordered the loco from Model Train Stuff.

jbrock27

You are more than welcome!
Good job.  I have a good friend who is very pleased when he orders from there.  They often have sales as well.  Good luck and have fun :)
Keep Calm and Carry On