Rookie1

A 2-6-0 Sound value unit 409  Thanks

Rookie1

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

Rookie1

I can solder although  I do have trouble with fine circuit board soldering

jbrock27

Reason I asked, since it looks by what you said, that you would have to buy a jumper, is to simply remove the chip from the loco and solder the wires on the same side of the loco that come from the trucks together, the same with the other side of the loco and solder one set of truck wires to one contact on the motor and the other set of wires to the other contact on the motor.  Before hand, just make sure of which wires you are going to solder where on the motor, so the loco runs in the same direction as your others.  Otherwise, it will run in the opposite direction.  Color of the wire is not always a good indicator, better to trace to be sure where wires come from and where going to.

I hope this helps. ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On

Rookie1

OK thank you as  I appreciate the advice, I was under the impression that with all DCC locomotives if you remove the connector for the chip and insert what I was told was a jumper that it would change the unit from DCC to DC. Thanks again

jbrock27

You're welcome. 
That is one way to do it, if you plan on bouncing the loco back and forth from DCC to DC.  My way is another way.  Don't know your long term plans for the loco. 
Was I correct in my understanding that you were looking to have to buy a connector and/or plug to be able to get it to run DC?
Keep Calm and Carry On

Rookie1

Yes that was my understanding to change any unit from DCC to DC was to purchase a jumper, (this may not be the right terminology ), it appears  I was wrong . Thanks for the assist   

jbrock27

No, not wrong.  That is just one way to do it.  Your future plans for the loco should dictate how you go about getting it to run on DC.

Is your loco missing the plug?  Still looking to ascertain that.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Rookie1

Yes, when received the loco last year for Christmas it was not included and at the time I was not worried about it. Now that I need to change the loc to DC I was hoping  I could buy the connector . I did call Bachmann parts but they transferred me to service and it just went to voice mail

jbrock27

Hmmm, sounds like it was bought and given to you 2nd hand then.  That sound right?
Sorry I can't help with where to look, aside from EBay or elsewhere online for the plug you are looking for my friend.   I do DC not DCC.
Best of luck.
Keep Calm and Carry On

Rookie1

The loco was purchased at a hobby store and it was new, thanks for your help thou, appreciate your time

jbrock27

Why not got back to them then and say "hey, what's the deal, this is new and is missing components?!"
Keep Calm and Carry On