Connecting EZ Track remote switches.

Started by monte1000, December 09, 2015, 06:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monte1000

I have the DCC Command Center and the Bachman Power Pack and Speed Control.  However I cannot figure out how to connect the remote switches.  The Controllers are connected fine.  Can anyone let me know the step by step instructions to get
these switches working?

Thanks!

Flare

The green wire plugs into the top of the turnout controller, and the red wire plugs into the left side.

Here's Bachmann's instructional video cued to the part where they attach the red turnout controller wires to the accessory ports on the speed controller:  https://youtu.be/na5HRxZAmaI?t=5m37s

Hunt

Quote from: Flare on December 09, 2015, 06:37:13 PM
Here's Bachmann's instructional video cued to the part where they attach the turnout wires:  https://youtu.be/na5HRxZAmaI?t=5m37s

monte1000,

Video maybe misleading – The power (two) wires connected to the Speed Controller are red not green as used  in video. Also the spade connectors have been removed, which can be done.

Here is a repeat of part of the info given in your earlier post,

Click Here    for the Bachmann Remote Turnout instructions. Read all the instructions do not depend on just the illustrations.

monte1000

Thanks very much.  So I will have to remove the spade from the green Wire?  It is a 3 strand wire so I put the outer most wires in to the posts?  Also I can only us one controller per switch?  Thanks again Flare.

Hunt

As I surmised,  the video has confused you.

Q: So I will have to remove the spade from the green Wire?
A: No - green wire does not have spade connector.

Q: It is a 3 strand wire so I put the outer most wires in to the posts?
A: No - use the red (2 strands) wire to connect power pack to one turnout controller. You can remove both spade connectors and insert the bare end of the wire in the power pack AC accessory terminal.

Q: Also I can only us one controller per switch?
A:  You have either Type A or Type B controller (refer to the Bachmann Remote Turnout instructions) and yes it is one or the other per turnout.

Spend more time reading and studying the Bachmann Remote Turnout instructions

Hunt

Red Power wire, which has a Bachmann black flat female plug on one end and two spade connectors on the other end

monte1000