News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

BachM Alco RS 4 N scale DCC equipped loco

Started by beljath, January 07, 2017, 12:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beljath

I just switched to DCC and this engine was running although it seemed rather slow even at higher step settings.  It sometimes just stops and it sounds like some gears are turning and the wheels can't seem to get any traction. The track is new Kato and has been cleaned. One thing I did notice is that the front wheel of the rear truck (geared) turns freely as though it is not engage with any gear. This does not seem to be the case on any of the wheels on the forward truck. So I am wondering if something may have become disengaged in the truck and I only get drive from the forward truck which is nearly sufficient to run the loco let alone 4 cars. Any suggestions?  I am about to send it in for warranty repair.

Bruiser02895

Apparently a QC Issue.  Send it back for warranty or replacement as all axles should be powered and offer traction.  Free spinning may mean the truck is not properly installed on the frame.  You can gently pull the truck off and try reinstalling it- but watch out the axle wipers and avoid bending or damaging these.  If that does not resolve the issue, you will have to send it in for a replacement.