Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

I went back a few pages to see if I could dig up an old thread rather than making another new one, but I couldn't, so here we are.

If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Bachmann announce new products in a mere TWO months (February) or am I completely wrong?

Either way, it's been almost a year since new products were announced and this probably means new ones are coming up...eventually... ::)

So! Predictions...

*Any redundant thoughts or un-original ideas found throughout are credited to the original authors*

ENGINES

PAXTON
Easy. He's a repaint and since we got a whopping THREE NEW TOOLINGS (Oliver Toad Skarloey) last year, I think it's safe to say a repaint of some sort is, obviously (and, perhaps, unfortunately?), inevitable.

DAISY
Eh. I don't know. She's a new character, recently re-introduced, mildly popular, and even though she's a new tooling (I think...??? Sorry, Bachmann experts) she's basically a giant rectangle. Easy, right? Maybe? No? Alright then...

Really those are the only ones I see really happening, unless Bachmann says "enough" and doesn't even give us a new engine, which is highly possible as well. I think it has happened before, right?

Anywho...

ROLLING STOCK

FLATCAR WITH [INSERT GENERIC LOAD HERE]

This one is a bit of wishful thinking for me. I've been searching for a while for the flatcar with paint-drums, but to no avail. *sigh.* Anyway, I think this one would be a cool re-introduction seeing as flatcars (beds?) are becoming more and more prominent in the TV Series. "Philip to the Rescue", anyone?

TROUBLESOME TRUCK #6

Not much to say about this one, really. I envision a Troublesome Truck #1 or #2, but with a CGI face. A simple mod to give the range a bit of a modern Thomas-touch.

That's all. I feel so uncreative right now, and to be very honest I don't care very much about Resin or Large Scale, but if this thread turns out to be a hit (wishful thinking on my part, really :)) feel free to post your ideas for those if you like.

-R
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Jacob Wilson

There was a Thomas & Friends in 2016 thread, but I advise you be careful, because a while back it was deleted by a Moderator. I am just giving some helpful advice that we need. to be careful with these type of threads.  :)

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: RyanGNR on December 15, 2015, 06:56:53 PM
Yikes. No wonder I couldn't find it... :-[

I wasn't trying to scare or put you off or anything. I like this type of thread. I can't understand why it was deleted, but or some reason it was.  :)

Kemptown Branch

My hopes/predictions are:

HO Scale:

Daisy, because she was recently reintroduced to the series, and Oliver got a model a year after his reintroduction.

And....

Winston, because he has been seen a few times since production, and because bachmann have made smaller models before.

Rolling Stock:

I would honestly want to see a Troublesome Truck #5 before a #6, and it may be possible beacause Troublesome Truck #4 was announced in 2013, three years after Troublesome Truck #3.

Why not some separate sale Christmas Rolling Stock, like a new Holiday Coach, modeled after the Large Scale one, or just the ones in the sets sold separately instead of, you know, in a set.

Accessories:

To go with the Christmas stock, why not separately sale the Santa Hat and the Snowplow for Thomas.

I am not going to predict Narrow Gauge, so moving onto Large Scale.

Large Scale:

Edward, because he is the perfect size for it, and he has been in demand for a while.

Bill and Ben, because they have the same tooling, but they would bring two models for the year.

Rolling Stock:

Ventilated Van, because it would be another closed wagon tooling in the range.

Henrietta, because Toby needs to be complete, and she was introduced into the HO range two years after Toby was released.
Bachmann trains are awesome. I hope they come out with Stepney one day.

AJW98Productions

Quote from: RyanGNR on December 15, 2015, 07:27:55 PM
The lack of responses from members other than Jacob scares me a bit... :-\
Don't be too concerned, many members on here live in completely different time zones and as their lives get busier in the holiday season, less time becomes available for the online world, it's hit me to an extent even, but don't be concerned about this thread getting deleted, I believe the old one was deleted due to copious amounts of spam from two trolls, in fact they spammed a few different topics as well (from memory).

Anyway I'm predicting that for the HO line, we will likely get Paxton and maybe a "new" truck/freight car of some kind, for myself anyway, I'm hoping for a brown Salt Van to be released with a face at some point...not sure how likely that is but that's just an idea...

Narrow Gauge: I imagine Bachmann will probably shift focus towards this range for a little while, I'd say especially in 2016 and 2017 (I could be entirely wrong though). Next year I'm hoping that we'll see Rheneas released into the range to join Skarloey, along with, at the very least, a brown Brakevan similar to that seen in season 4 that was used on freight trains (and for the Green and White Narrow Gauge Coaches), but ideally I'd hope they'd also add the Blue and White Coaches, along with a Blue Brakevan to match them. I bring up the Blue and White Coaches as they are seen constantly in Season 4 and even other seasons, I think all narrow Gauge engines (with maybe a few exceptions post Season...9 I think?), have been seen pulling them, and also they are quite similar to the standard livery for all Skarloey Railway Coaches (I believe) in the Railway Series, which means that they have greater potential to cater to Railway Series and TV Series fans alike...in my eyes at least...

Large Scale...honestly Bachmann caught me very off guard with Winston, and as a result of such a "curve-ball" I guess one could say, I don't really know what to expect for 2016...so I'll leave the predictions for Large Scale to those who seem to be traditionally better at predicting items, or seem to have more insight into it then I do.

Anyway, that's my two cents.

~Alex

Chaz

Well I guess since we have a new thread up, might as well have a little fun with it even though announcements are in about two months.  Though at this point, I'm positive that Bachmann probably already knows what they are doing for next year. 

In short I don't expect a whole lot next year with Oliver and Winston being delayed, but at the same time Bachmann surprised us before with some delayed products in hand before so there's at least that in mind too.  My thoughts are pretty much the same as the majority in regards to Paxton and Rheneas and some more rolling stock for narrow gauge.  Daisy would be a nice surprise but I would think Paxton would make more sense because he'd be easier and cheaper for Bachmann to pull off.  While it's really hard to tell where Bachmann is going to go with large scale next year based on what we got this year, I would at the very least like to see Henrietta. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: RyanGNR on December 15, 2015, 07:27:55 PM
The lack of responses from members other than Jacob scares me a bit... :-\

I do not mean to scare you RyanGNR. I am very sorry.

This what I want in 2016:

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Locomotives:

Daisy
BoCo
Arthur
Molly
Rosie

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Coaches:

Red Express Composite Coach - Re-Release
Red Express Brake Coach - Re-Release
Spencer's Special Brake Coach
Henrietta (With Face)

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Wagons:

Troublesome Truck #5

Bachmann Thomas & Friends Narrow Gauge:

Narrow Gauge Rheneas
Narrow Gauge Red Coach
Narrow Gauge Red Brake Van
Narrow Gauge Grey Brake Van

This Reply was Updated on Friday 18th December 2015 @ UK time, 15:02pm.

Metal

Perhaps another reason why alot of people aren't being very responsive isn't just because of Christmas, but also the time when most of us are trying to get through our final exams, and spend time studying. At times these days, I've often been thinking if I even have time for my Thomas interest.

And on other note, I personally think it's best to wait for Bachmann's announcements next year, instead of making another 2016 thread, since the year's almost over anyway.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Metal on December 16, 2015, 05:10:57 AM
Perhaps another reason why alot of people aren't being very responsive isn't just because of Christmas, but also the time when most of us are trying to get through our final exams, and spend time studying. At times these days, I've often been thinking if I even have time for my Thomas interest.

And on other note, I personally think it's best to wait for Bachmann's announcements next year, instead of making another 2016 thread, since the year's almost over anyway.

I see what you mean as it already the 16th December now, and Christmas Day is approaching fast now, but in excitement for Christmas, the New Year and Bachmann's new 2016 announcements in the Thomas & Friends range, this article will start getting everbody wondering what Bachmann will be bringing out next year. By using this thread, we can share with each other what our predications are for next years new releases. I always look forward to the new announcements. I am sure everybody does.

AJW98Productions

Probably something I should've considered myself, I forget sometimes that finals are still on outside of Australia for a lot of students. That is a fantastic point, Metal :)

Well, true...but since there are 2 more months yet until the official announcements, I can understand the excitement some have, as well as the fun in predicting such announcements...also the fact that we are closer to the date, for some anyway, makes speculation even more interesting, as it can be fun to reason what releases may be just around the bend, even if Bachmann knows and we don't...Speculation can be a good thing.

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: AJW98Productions on December 16, 2015, 06:31:00 AM
Probably something I should've considered myself, I forget sometimes that finals are still on outside of Australia for a lot of students. That is a fantastic point, Metal :)

Well, true...but since there are 2 more months yet until the official announcements, I can understand the excitement some have, as well as the fun in predicting such announcements...also the fact that we are closer to the date, for some anyway, makes speculation even more interesting, as it can be fun to reason what releases may be just around the bend, even if Bachmann knows and we don't...Speculation can be a good thing.

~Alex

How did you work it out that there are 2 months until the official announcements, Alex? We have less than 1 month until January 2016, so we haven't even got a moth until the official announcements, never mind 2 months!

AJW98Productions

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 16, 2015, 06:44:08 AM
How did you work it out that there are 2 months until the official announcements, Alex? We have less than 1 month until January 2016, so we haven't even got a moth until the official announcements, never mind 2 months!
I'm sure another member can correct me if I'm wrong, but I probably meant closer to 1 and a bit months, as from memory the official announcements generally occur around February, often at a Toy Fair, if I'm not mistaken...I seem to recall Skarloey not being announced at the start of the year but rather around February...of course I could be completely wrong...

~Alex

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: AJW98Productions on December 16, 2015, 06:51:15 AM
Quote from: Jacob Wilson on December 16, 2015, 06:44:08 AM
I'm sure another member can correct me if I'm wrong, but I probably meant closer to 1 and a bit months, as from memory the official announcements generally occur around February, often at a Toy Fair, if I'm not mistaken...I seem to recall Skarloey not being announced at the start of the year but rather around February...of course I could be completely wrong...

~Alex

Why do Bachmann announce the new releases in February for? Surely Christmas time of the year before or January would be better?

ClrwtrMK2

Okay... Here's my wishlist for 2016, Starting with HO/00.

Locomotives (Standard Gauge)

~Rosie

Yes, I still want Bachmann to make her.

~Harvey

Keep your "Harvey's too tall to be HO/00 because of his crane" comments to yourselves.

~Re-tooled Thomas & Percy

Since James will be re-tooled in 2017, Thomas will follow suit in 2018. Same can be said for Percy, But in 2019.

Rolling Stock (Standard Gauge)

~China Clay Wagon

The narrow gauge open wagon can be 3D Scanned, Scaled to HO/00 & 3D printed.

~Old Van

Same technique, But with the narrow gauge van.

Resin Buildings

-Welsworth Station
-Carriage Shed
-Ffarqhuar Station
-Lord Callan's Castle

Locomotives (Narrow Guage)

-Rheneas
-Sir Handel
-Peter Sam

I can't believe they pulled off with Skarloey, I'm impressed!

Rolling Stock (Narrow Gauge)
-Slate Wagon
-D-Fuse Tanker
-Narrow Gauge Brake Van
-Narrow Gauge Coach(Red)
-Narrow Gauge Coach(Blue)

As for Large Scale, I still want Gordon & Henry with the Express Coaches.