Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: SportyPup on January 20, 2016, 06:48:41 PM
Finally, a picture of the G Scale Ice Cream Wagon!!  That was what I was most excited about when the new announcements were made, even though I eventually became more enthusiastic about the narrow gauge stuff.

Narrow Gauge seems to be selling very well, so I'm sure the range will be expanded for 2016.  I wouldn't mind waiting a couple years for more Large Scale releases it if means we could get a nice well rounded Skarloey Railway going.  And as far a HO scale, other than Oliver and Toad there aren't tons of promising new toolings left, unless some discontinued stuff is brought back, but I doubt that at the moment.  I only hope there won't be MORE discontinued items :(

I hope there are no more discontinued items either this year.

Yes, the Narrow Gauge range is selling well and I am hoping for Rheneas, Coaches and Brake Van's this year!

Chaz

Welcome back DoggySporty/SportyPup, nice to have you back!

If there are any discontinued products I can only imagine it would only mean that it would lead to more products in the future to come in, since Bachmann simply can't keep making everything every year.  But I am most excited for what's to come for narrow gauge the most since Oliver and Toad alone have me pretty happy as it is. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TTTEfan1992

I can see the Bachmann Toad being a lot better than the Hornby Toad. Do you think the Bachmann Oliver is going to be better than, same as, or worse than the Hornby Oliver?

Chaz

Let's try not to have this kind of discussion on this forum.  Especially since this is a Bachmann forum and staff do not approve of comparisons with other ranges.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

SportyPup

Quote from: Chaz on January 20, 2016, 07:52:06 PM

Thank you, I feel welcomed!   ;D

There's a few rolling stock items I wouldn't miss too terribly, now that I think about it...
At least my favorite Bachmann engine, Gordon, is a great seller, so I don't think he's going anywhere.  And at the very least he has some nice red coaches to pull.  Better than Annie and Clarabel!  ;)

TTTEfan1992

Sorry, I am just excited for Bachmann Oliver to be released and to see him as well. We're all going to see Bachmann Oliver soon.

Metal

For Rolling Stock
I was thinking that Bachmann could rehash this Sliding Door Van into a Thomas product from their old Mainline Range.
\

Please Don't Quote This, As it will clog up the thread

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chaz on January 20, 2016, 07:52:06 PM

If there are any discontinued products I can only imagine it would only mean that it would lead to more products in the future to come in, since Bachmann simply can't keep making everything every year.  But I am most excited for what's to come for narrow gauge the most since Oliver and Toad alone have me pretty happy as it is.  

I do not want Bachmann to discontinue anymore prodhcts though. I have already missed the Red Express Coaches, Slat Wagon, Cattle Wagon, 6 Ton Wagon, RF Container Wagon, Flat Car with Paint Drums and the Well Wagon.

Quote from: TTTEfan1992 on January 20, 2016, 08:51:22 PM
Sorry, I am just excited for Bachmann Oliver to be released and to see him as well. We're all going to see Bachmann Oliver soon.

Not until around April or May apparently, and I would not be surprised if Oliver and Toad get delayed longer than this.

TTTEfan1992

Well, we'll all see them both in this year's catalog in the middle of next month.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: TTTEfan1992 on January 21, 2016, 08:44:38 AM
Well, we'll all see them both in this year's catalog in the middle of next month.

Yes we will. I am very interested in what Bachmann will be revealing this year in the Bachmann Thomas & Friends HO/OO Gauge range and what Bachmann will be discontinuing this year.

DinoNTrains

RE: Metal

Sliding door cars for Bachmann's range is a great idea! Why I think this is because I think it would be a nice gimmick, and it would reflect real railways.

P.S. I honestly think there should be individual coal/gravel loads for open wagons.
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Jacob Wilson

^^^^^ Above 5 Replies - @Reply #166 By Metal: Why do you think those old Mainline Railways Ventilated Van's with sliding doors will be good for the Bachmann Thomas & Friends HO/OO Gauge range?

Quote from: DinoNTrains on January 21, 2016, 12:12:21 PM
RE: Metal

Sliding door cars for Bachmann's range is a great idea! Why I think this is because I think it would be a nice gimmick, and it would reflect real railways.

P.S. I honestly think there should be individual coal/gravel loads for open wagons.

I personally would  prefer more of 77026 Ventilated Van in different colours. I do not like Ventilated Van's with sliding doors.

sean1994rail

For HO new rolling stock, I would say the Hopper Wagon and the Fruit Van.

The Hopper Wagon would go well with Mavis and Paxton, if the latter is announced. And I've no objection of it having a stone or slate load.

The Fruit Van is the only ex-mainline van tool that bachmann has yet to use. I'm not sure which livery to give this one, but hopefully, it would be bright and colourful, but what colour would you think be appropriate for the fruit van if announced?

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: sean1994rail on January 24, 2016, 04:57:48 PM
For HO new rolling stock, I would say the Hopper Wagon and the Fruit Van.

The Hopper Wagon would go well with Mavis and Paxton, if the latter is announced. And I've no objection of it having a stone or slate load.

The Fruit Van is the only ex-mainline van tool that bachmann has yet to use. I'm not sure which livery to give this one, but hopefully, it would be bright and colourful, but what colour would you think be appropriate for the fruit van if announced?

Why do you want a Fruit Van? That sounds like an odd release too me! I am not sure I would buy it, if it would get released. I can't even remember seeing a Fruit Van on the TV Series? Is there a screenshot picture anywhere on the Internet of this Fruit Van, on the TV Series?

sean1994rail

James, Percy and the fruitful day. 3 troublesome trucks and a ventilated van was carrying fruit.