Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Racing James! on January 28, 2016, 02:02:14 PM
Quote from: Chaz on January 28, 2016, 10:24:22 AM
If you want to delete your account, then that should be your your own personal call.  Posting that you want to delete your account and getting this worked up over a Thomas forum just comes off as attention-seeking, as well as going completely off topic with what's in hand.
The decision is up to you at the end of the day, but as I said earlier, we really should try to stay on topic.
Absolutely correct. Don't delete your account because of my thoughts and to try to get attention. Now, if you please, back to the topic.

What you said too me upset me though, Racing James! (RyanGNR).

Also Chaz, I am not attention seeking. I am generally starting to get upset by these type of comments I have been told by a number of different Users, which I am not going to name.

I am just trying to engage in conversation by posting on this Forum, not to upset Users. I just feel like I have passed my sell-by-date on this Forum for the amount of times I have been told off. It really upsets me, a lot.

Chaz

If posting "It is time for me to delete my account now. I am upset I get told off like this. :'(" isn't seeking for attention, then nothing is.  Same could be said for some of the other countless occasions you've posted similar suggestions on the forum.

I know that you enjoy discussing Thomas products on this forum, and there is nothing wrong with that.  However, I'm under the impression that you're trying way too hard to keep discussion productive on the forum which is ultimately why you've been called out by different users several times.  Again if you want to leave, that choice is up to you.  However, if you wish to stay and participate in discussion, you are certainly welcome to.  But if you do, for the sake of other members on the forum, including me and Ryan, please stay on topic and post in a calm and mature manner.  The Toy fair is coming up in less than three weeks, which ideally is a good time for everyone to be happy and anticipate for the 2016 announcements.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Chaz on January 28, 2016, 02:32:13 PM
If posting "It is time for me to delete my account now. I am upset I get told off like this. :'(" isn't seeking for attention, then nothing is.  Same could be said for some of the other countless occasions you've posted similar suggestions on the forum.

I know that you enjoy discussing Thomas products on this forum, and there is nothing wrong with that.  However, I'm under the impression that you're trying way too hard to keep discussion productive on the forum which is ultimately why you've been called out by different users several times.  Again if you want to leave, that choice is up to you.  However, if you wish to stay and participate in discussion, you are certainly welcome to.  But if you do, for the sake of other members on the forum, including me and Ryan, please stay on topic and post in a calm and mature manner.  The Toy fair is coming up in less than three weeks, which ideally is a good time for everyone to be happy and anticipate for the 2016 announcements.

I am really sorry Chaz and Ryan (Racing James!). I do not mean it for what I have done.

I do post in a calm and mature manner. I always re-read what I have written to make sure it as calm and mature as I can, and alter what I have written, if it does sound a rude or something.

I really do not want to leave, but being told off by several different Users like this gets to me a lot and upsets me as well.

All I am asking for now is, that for you Chaz, Ryan and other Users who I have upset in the past, to forgive me for this mistake and past mistakes. I did not mean any of them and for now on, I am going to try my hardest not to do this again, but please do not get mad with me if I do. I am only a human, like everybody else and I admit I am not perfect, but I do, do my best not to upset anybody on this Forum. All I hope now is that I have been forgiven for this, by everybody?

thomasj219

Look. To end this, I would say. Just relax a little bit Jacob, stop taking every post on the forum so literally, seriously and personally, and post a bit more sparingly, only when truly adding something to the discussion rather than just restating what has already been said, wether to show that you understood it or open a discussion about it. People will post when they post  ;)
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: thomasj219 on January 28, 2016, 03:11:48 PM
Look. To end this, I would say. Just relax a little bit Jacob, stop taking every post on the forum so literally, seriously and personally, and post a bit more sparingly, only when truly adding something to the discussion rather than just restating what has already been said, wether to show that you understood it or open a discussion about it. People will post when they post  ;)

Thank you for your help and support, thomasj219. I do take things like this personally though. It really upsets me and it makes me feel like nobody likes me or wants me on the Froum anymore.

How do you recommend to me, how to post more 'sparingly'?

Chaz

Jacob, please stop.  You are really blowing this out of proportion by literally dragging this discussion for so long when I have asked you nicely twice already to move on and go back on topic.  This is supposed to be a thread where we talk about 2016 products/predictions and you are making things difficult and awkward for everyone by not moving on like I asked you to earlier.

Back on topic.

What did everybody think of the wagons that Peco just announced?  Do you think we will get these or the coaches this year for the Thomas range?
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

If the Blue Mountain Quarry theme is continued, I think both have a very good chance, excluding the fact that these were just released and Bachmann has probably had their announcements keyed up for a while... :P
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

sean1994rail

SportyPup

At this point, anything we get for NG will be welcomed by myself, since there's so many options and it's nearly impossible to go wrong.  I think the slate and tipper wagons would be great, but I hope the slate wagon would get a little more paint... I'm no good at painting model trains :/

Does anyone think we'll get a breakdown train for HO, or even Rocky?  I know it's been said before, but other than more engines, emergency/rescue rolling stock is the only thing that hasn't been done.

I kind of think Winston and the Ice Cream Wagon are all we'll get for G Scale this year. But who knows... Maybe sound chipped Thomas??

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: SportyPup on January 28, 2016, 05:48:14 PM
At this point, anything we get for NG will be welcomed by myself, since there's so many options and it's nearly impossible to go wrong.  I think the slate and tipper wagons would be great, but I hope the slate wagon would get a little more paint... I'm no good at painting model trains :/

Does anyone think we'll get a breakdown train for HO, or even Rocky?  I know it's been said before, but other than more engines, emergency/rescue rolling stock is the only thing that hasn't been done.

I kind of think Winston and the Ice Cream Wagon are all we'll get for G Scale this year. But who knows... Maybe sound chipped Thomas??

That is a good point actually. Bachmann have never released a Breakdown Crane in the Thomas & Friends HO/OO Gauge range. This would be a great addition to this range, and something it needs. I already own x3 Hornby Thomas & Friends Breakdown Crane's; x1 R306 from 1989, x1 R9216 from 2006 and x1 R9691 from 2011, but one from Bachmann would be nice and it will be interesting to see if it will look like. I hope Rocky gets released by either manufactures, as then that will round my collection of x3 standard Breakdown Crane's off nicely.

Metal

If Peco is making new rolling stock tooling.

Since there's Slate Wagons and Tipper Wagons.
I was thinking if they would make tooling for Talyllyn Railway Coaches

They could be repainted into the Skarloey Railway Coaches, I personally like the blue ones.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Metal on January 28, 2016, 10:26:51 PM
If Peco is making new rolling stock tooling.

Since there's Slate Wagons and Tipper Wagons.
I was thinking if they would make tooling for Talyllyn Railway Coaches

They could be repainted into the Skarloey Railway Coaches, I personally like the blue ones.

I hope these Talyllyn Railway Coaches get released. I really want the Narrow Gauge Coaches; Especially the Red and Blue ones.

Then, Bachmann need to produce a Red and second Blue Brake Van that match the colours of the Coaches they release, if they do release them, which I hope they do!

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Quote from: SportyPup on January 28, 2016, 05:48:14 PM

This has been an idea I've had in my head for a while. I would simply LOVE an HO Scale Rocky- and who knows, they could make him functional! Trackmaster did it '08 with Rocky to the Rescue (a definite on my list of discontinued Thomas toys to get!!)
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Akodenski

I just joined the forum so here is my wish list for Bachman Thomas in 2016:
                    HO Scale:
                    Engines:
Daisy
Whiff
                    Rolling stock:

Flatbed with pipes on it.
Hector

Non-rail characters:
Jack please!!!

Figures:
The Earl of Sodor

Resign Scenery:
Wellsworth station
The airport
The Narrow Gauge Depot
The Minature Railway Depot

I don't buy large scale so here is my wish list for the narrow gauge range:
                    Engines:
Rheneas
Peter Sam
                     Rolling stock:
Narrow Gauge coaches (Blue)
Narrow Gauge coaches (Red)
Slate Wagon
Narrow Gauge brakevan

Narrow Gauge sets:
Skarloey's slate run (as previously mentioned) with Skarloey,an open wagon,a slate wagon, a Blue Mountain Quarry truck,a brown narrow gauge caboose,a mini stone cutting house with a Blue Mountain Quarry symbol on it,a mini Crovan's gate station,a controller,and an oval of N scale track

Minature Railway Engines:
Mike
Rex

Miniature Railway Rolling stock
Ballast hopper
Red open wagon
Minature Railway passenger car

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #218 By Akodenski: It's good to read a post from another new Member. Welcome abroad, Akodenski!

Yes, I agree that Whiff is an excellent idea. An Engine with glasses on his face and scruffy livery covered in rubbish would bring great playability and will be a different  addition to one's layout! An Open Wagon with a Rubbish Load (Something similar to the Coal Wagon with Load product, just with a rubbish load rather than a coal one).

Rocky would be a good release as well, including the Flatbed with Pipe Load, as I missed and never was able to purchase the Flat Car with Paint Drums.

I cannot see three Narrow Gauge Locomotives being released in one year, not even two, but I do think we will get Rheneas.

I am hoping for the Red and Blue Coaches as well, but I think we only might get one set this year (That is if they get released of course!).

Brake Van's are needed. Grey or Brown for the Freight Rolling Stock. A Red Brake Van will be needed for the Red Coaches and a Blue Brake Van for the Blue Coaches.