Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on February 02, 2016, 03:56:39 AM

Brake Van's are needed. Grey or Brown for the Freight Rolling Stock. A Red Brake Van will be needed for the Red Coaches and a Blue Brake Van for the Blue Coaches.

Has the Narrow Gauge show ever had breakvans?
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #220 By Racing James!: Yes, there has been Brake Van's. They have been Red and Blue one's, for the Coaches or course and Grey and Brown Brake Van's for Narrow Gauge Passenger Trains. Take a look here: http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Other_Skarloey_Railway_Rolling_Stock/.

Oh. Ok. I didn't know they were breakvans  ::)

TTTEfan1992

Chaz, I saw that you said on this thread that we'll all find out next week or (next weekend) what's been announced this year. You must have deleted that post. What do you mean next week? Which would be even better than next weekend. I thought you said that the catalogs are due to be released between February 13-16, 2016. Will we all be able to find out about the announcements and the revealed products next week (before next weekend)?

Jacob Wilson

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #222 By Racing James!: Yes, the Narrow Gauge Brake Van's have appeared since Series 4 in the TV Series. I would also like Bachmann to release the D.Fusit Gunpowder Wagon's as well in the Narrow Gauge range.

Chaz

TTTEfan1992, I don't recall ever saying that, or deleting any post for that matter.  The Toy fair is next weekend from the 13-16th and we may find out the Friday before the Toy Fair since a moderator would sometimes post announcements around that time.  Catalogs are usually posted around that time or sometime after.  I would suggest waiting paitently until then, especially since the Toy Fair is less than two weeks away... and still counting down!

To quote the Bach-man: "Anticipate!"
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

TTTEfan1992

How much time is it posted after it's released (if it is after it's released)?

Last year I think it was the day after or a few days after...

Jacob Wilson

If I lived in the USA, I would go to the Toy Fair in a shot! Sadly, living in the UK, means I cannot!

Last year, I am pretty sure how learnt about the new releases was by downloading a PDF of last year's Catalogue on my iPad! Of course, now I have the advantage of this Forum, which is much better!

I am just under 100% sure we will get Rheneas, but I am not sure what else. I would love the Narrow Gauge Coaches, particularly the red ones, but I feeling that won't happen. I am not sure what to expect in the standard HO Thomas & Friends range. I would like a different coloured Utility Wagon, like last year we had the Green one (Labelled as a Mail Car).

SportyPup

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on February 02, 2016, 05:36:50 PM

I am just under 100% sure we will get Rheneas, but I am not sure what else. I would love the Narrow Gauge Coaches, particularly the red ones, but I feeling that won't happen. I am not sure what to expect in the standard HO Thomas & Friends range. I would like a different coloured Utility Wagon, like last year we had the Green one (Labelled as a Mail Car).

If we don't get Rheneas I will be genuinely surprised!!

I'm partially expecting both HO and G Scales to be light on the releases, since (hopefully) narrow gauge will be a priority.  If all we get are Oliver and Toad and Winston and the Ice Cream Van, I'll be happy for those ranges.

Any new ideas on new Resin Buildings?  I think they're still proving to be popular too!

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #229 By SportyPup: I will be generally surprised if we don't get Rheneas as well.

We should get Oliver and Toad this year, but you never know; They could be delayed until 2017. Manufacturing in new model railway products always take a long time!

As for the Resin Building's, I am not sure. I have not in thought about buying any of these yet! I think I will get the Round Water Tower. Everything else looks too big for my layout and I don't have space on it for any of them anyway! I think I can squeeze a Round Water Tower in, and that will be it!

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on February 02, 2016, 05:36:50 PM
I would love the Narrow Gauge Coaches, particularly the red ones, but I feeling that won't happen.

I have a feeling it will; Bachmann needs to develop the narrow gauge line beyond just freight cars- I think coaches are pretty much inevitable.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #231 By Racing James!: Yes, Bachmann do need to build-up the Narrow Gauge range, to build up it's popularity. Only 4 product's have been released so far. Rheneas should be released (Fingers crossed!), with Coaches and Brake Van's.

Akodenski

I'm just curious. Does anyone think Bachman should release Jack next year for a non-rail character? And do you also think the Aralesdale railway should be realesed in a year or two?

MeganekkoFury1126

While maybe not this year, I personally think Jack isn't too far out of being likely. I mean, he has gotten some screen time recently in Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure, and kids would probably enjoy having a construction machine to 'play' with on their miniature railway.

Rex, Bert and Mike though...that's really asking for a lot too soon. The Skarloey engines have just started being produced, and we have to wait to see if there really is even a possibility of even making those engines, which are even smaller than the Skarloey engines.