Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #233 By Akodenski and ^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #234 By MeganekkoFury1126: I would love to see Bachmann to produce Jack and I think Alfie has a good possibility of entering production like Jack does. I have not thought about these before, but it's a good idea!

What about Bachmann producing Bulgy?

Akodenski

I personally think that we could get Trevor and Bulgy next year and get Jack this year. And I think the Aralsdale engines could be released in 3 or 4 years when Bachman has got all the main characters down for the Skarloey railway.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #236 By Akodenski: Yes, I think I hope we will get Bulgy, Trevor, Jack and Alfie soon. The last vehicle Bachmann was released was Jeremy the Jet, which was released in 2014, I do believe? So we are over due another vehicle by Bachmann.

I cannot see the Aralsdale Engines getting released yet, not in Model Railway form in 3 or 4 year's time. They have only just appeared in the TV Series, so they have yet to build up their popularity. I would say Stepney or even Daisy and Bo-Co has a better chance off getting released by Bachamann, rather then the Aralsdale Engines.

Chaz

If we were to get another non-rail character, I could see it either being Jack or Bulgy.  Considering how rare it is for Bachmann to announce them though as well as the negative reception to Jeremy's announcement, I think it will be a while since we get another non-rail character.

Considering how the Skarloey railway started last year and how barely anyone models HOz or anything of the equivalent, I don't see the small railway engines happening for a long time.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

I would guess Jack, no doubt. When did we last see Bulgy?  ::)
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Jacob Wilson

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #238 By Chaz: I agree with you there on that one Chaz, as Bachmann only last year have just launched the Narrow Gauge range, so it is far too early for Bachmann to launch another gauge, in their Thomas & Friends range.

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #239 By Racing James!: I can see what you are saying there, but we have not seen Jeremy the Jet for a long time, but Bachmann still released him. You never know what could be around the corner and hidden up Bachmann's sleeve until the Toy Fair next week! I am sure not many people expected Bachmann to announce Jeremy, but they still did!

BassTbone

Honestly, I see one, maybe two new engines this year.  Bachmann had a big Thomas year last year.  I wouldn't expect too much.

HOz would be way too fiddly.  I don't see that scale being made.  Seeing as the range is generally for children, they re-railing process would simply be a headache. 

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #241 By BassTbone: I would not say last year's range was big, but it was too big that, seeing as Oliver and Toad have not been released yet, and will not be, it seems for 2 months.

Shawn

I wondor how long it's gonna be before Bachmann starts retiring some engines....Salty has already become train set exclusive I do believe?

Chaz

Salty so far is the only engine that has been discontinued so far, with the exception of his set still being available.  

If I had to take a guess at which engines would be discontinued next, my money is on Spencer or 'Arry and Bert.  These would make the most sense to me because Spencer is currently the most expensive locomotive in the range.  Even though he is still selling reasonably well, I think considering the fact that prices go up every year I would imagine that Bachmann would be more willing to drop him from their range as opposed to one of the main characters like Gordon or Henry.  However, 'Arry and Bert make more sense to me than Spencer because both of them combined had very small sales, (at least from what I've seen/heard), and they aren't exactly popular characters on the show with both old and young fans compared to the likes of Duck, Diesel, or even Oliver.  I can also see Paxton having better sales than 'Arry and Bert too.  

TTTEfan1992

Who said anything about that Bachmann is going to discontinue characters this year?

Chaz

No one said anything, it is only speculation.

Rickenbacker 325

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but I would like to give my predictions for the toy fair.

HO scale:
Paxton, I feel would be a not so obvious choice but then again would be a smart choice seeing that there would be no new tooling having to be made except for the face. My second cousin loves him and is his favorite 'new' engine in the show. I personally like him this season especially.
Stanley/Rosie, This one is a toss up for me. They have both been seen as background characters as of late but I did hear that Stanley will be having a new voice actor and more lines in season 20. Rosie would also be a good choice as it would be the 3rd female engine brought in to the range.
For rolling stock, ehhh. Let this one be a surprise. TT#5, maybe...

G scale:
Edward, seeing that they can't really go much bigger than Emily, Edward would be the next best choice. He would go around tight corners no problem and I think would look great with a CGI face. But seeing that even Winson was a surprise last year, I guess anything can happen!
Mavis, I know there will be only one engine announced but Mavis would be a good choice with all of the open wagons they have come out with.
Rolling stock wise I would love to see a flat car of some type, whether it be like the paint car or the other smaller one(cant remember the name of it). A friend of mine would love to see the Mail Vans for Percy to pull.

Narrow Gauge:
I would say slate trucks and some type of break van. I am not seeing a new engine in the range until next year honestly.

sean1994rail

Towerhobbies also said discontinued on the lighthouse and windmill. Sometimes, discontinued from them means the shops not taking any stock of them anymore.

Jacob Wilson

^^^^^^ Above 6 Replies - @Reply #243 By Shawn and ^^^^^ Above 5 Replies - @Reply #244 By Chaz: This is a good point about Bachmann Thomas & Friends Locomotives being discontinued. Salty has already been half discontinued (I mean in the way of being sold separately, but the Salty's Dockside Delivery Train Set is still in production), so maybe this shows that others may have the same treatment, sadly. I think maybe Mavis might get discontinued next.