Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #264 By DinoNTrains: I know that Diesel 10 would be difficult to produce because of Pinchy, but he would be really cool to own. I do not why Pinchy would be illegal though. What makes you say this?

DinoNTrains

It's because it makes him too tall for the British loading gauge
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #266 By DinoNTrains: Surely Bachmann can produce a new tooling of the BR Class 42 'Warship' Locomotive in HO Gauge to produce Diesel 10 out of and I do not expect Pinchy to be a working piece. Just a bit of plastic stuck on top, that looks like a mechanical arm of some sort and a claw will do perfectly!

Chaz

The problem I see with Diesel 10 is that he's a very gimmicky character much like Harvey or Marion which would in no doubt make him an expensive model to produce.  I also agree with DinoNTrains that this would also have an effect on different accessories on layouts such as tunnels, bridges or sheds.  Although he's a popular character I can't see Bachmann making him anytime soon.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #268 By Chaz: If we think about it though, OO Gauge and HO Gauge are not massively tall gauges, and I find there is some gap between the top of the Locomotive and the bridge, tunnel or shed. HO Gauge is slightly less tall than OO Gauge, so a HO Gauge Diesel 10 may just fit underneath OO Gauge tunnels or sheds, or through bridges; Providing that Pinchy is not too tall!

I do not have problems of tunnels, bridges or sheds too worry about my layout, as I do not have these on my layout, as my layout is to small to accommodate this kind of detail :(. I do think though that if Bachmann did release Diesel 10, he would be popular and make Bachmann a lot of money!

Metal

With these toy gimmick characters; Diesel 10, Harvey, Belle, Marion. The other problem is the eye mechanism being the major obstruction. Also considering their designs, I don't think they would be very robust as Bachmann models.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #270 By Metal: In what way do you mean that Diesel 10, Harvey, Belle and Marion are toy gimmick characters?

I also do not care for the eye moving mechanisms much, so if these characters where released without it, it would not bother me.

TTTE1945

Does anyone know when Bachmann is announcing the new products for 2016?

Akodenski

I don't know when but does anyone believe Stanley should be made next. Possibly along side Rosie.

Jacob Wilson

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #272 By TTTE1945: I have heard that Bachmann will be releasing the new releases at the Toy Fair in New York, something like next week.

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #273 By Akodenski: I would be really happy if Rosie or Stanley are included in this year's releases. I really want them. I hoping for Rheneas as well this year.

Chaz

I honestly don't understand the obsession behind Rosie or Stanley in the Thomas fanbase.  The two of them are blank slates, and there is nothing really that spectacular about either of them that makes them stand out, apart from their designs which is what makes them popular in the toy department.  Their roles have been minimal on the show because the writers don't have a lot they can draw back on for them, so I would be shocked if either of them were to get anything more than their background usage or a speaking role at this point.

Bachmann cares more about characters that can give them strong sales and these two don't feel like big hits that they would be looking for.  I would think characters like Paxton or Daisy would make more sense because they have a stronger demand and Daisy fits the classic character trend in CGI, and Paxton would be a lot easier for Bachmann to make.  I think some people on this forum are either blind to to the fact that there is nothing in Rosie or Stanley's "potential", or they choose to be simply because of the following both of these two have in the fandom.  The two may have their place in toy ranges like wooden railway or take n play, but I honestly don't see a place for them in Bachmann.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

sean1994rail

I agree. I also thought Porter and Hiro could be sales worthy. Both are strong characters and Bachmann has similar tank engine toolings for Porter. Hiro would be great for another tender engine in the range.

Metal

Follow up on my last post...
What I mean by toy gimmicks are characters that are more driven by quirky designs with active contraptions as an attempt to give them appeal.
As in;
Diesel 10-His claw
Harvey-An engine with a crane
Belle-Her fire hoses
Marion-A steam shovel that swings her bucket around as if she's making human hand gestures.

As Bachmann models, I feel that their contraptions would be too flimsy to move around. Even for an older fan like myself.

DinoNTrains

I myself honestly would love to see Daisy for the new announcements, mostly because it would add another diesel and another female engine to the range. Plus, she would be the first large diesel for Bachmann.

But, in the end, I'm sure there may be some surprises in store for us this year. (Winston's announcement last year, anyone? ;) )
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Jacob Wilson

^^^^ Above 4 Replies - @Reply #275 By Chaz: Rosie and Stanley are models of a Locomotives I like, and I like there liveries and personalities, the TV Series has given them. I could make a several stories if I owned them, on my Island of Sodor (My layout)!

Daisy would also be a good release as well.

^^^ Above 3 Replies - @Reply #276 By sean199rail: I don't know why I forget about Hiro! I really want a model railway version of him as well, but I have a feeling if Bachmann would release him, he would be about the same price as Bachmann Spencer.

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #277 By Metal: Ah, I see what you mean by toy gimmick toy characters, but these for Engines would be great additions to Bachmann's range. Their 'contraptions' do not have to be flimsy or even move around. I would be happy if they attached pieces of plastic stuck on the bodyshell. I do not expect them to move around.

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #278 By DinoNTrains: I agree about all of that with Daisy and I hope to see a HO Gauge Winston, despite how difficult it would be too produce in this gauge.