Bachmann Thomas and Friends in 2016

Started by Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow), December 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UPTODAY

Alex, is that picture with the little blue coaches a cog railway. i cant believe a regular steamer could make it up that grade!!!
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #295 By UPTODAY: Do you mean that hill is too steep for Duke pulling 4 Coaches and a Brake Van?

UPTODAY

yes,the hill looks tooooooo steep,maybe it is a optical delusion!!!!!!!
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #296 By UPTODAY: Well it is a image taken from the TV Series. I am not sure if they turned the camera wonky to film it, or it was done on a hill. I am not sure how this scene was filmed.

UPTODAY

WOW!FOOLED ME!!!!I thought it was a real train picture!!
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Titanic5972

Quote from: UPTODAY on February 07, 2016, 06:06:35 PM
WOW!FOOLED ME!!!!I thought it was a real train picture!!
UPTODAY

Shows that the original TV show modellers did a fabulous job on the sets.

Jacob Wilson

^^ Above 2 Replies - @Reply #299 By UPTODAY and ^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #300 By Titanic5972: Yes, Titanic5972 is right saying that they did a fabulous job with the TV Series, and I cannot believe you do not recognise that seen, Steve (UPTODAY)! You are not an avid watcher of Thomas & Friends?

Akodenski

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #302 By Akodenski: But if Bachmann released those Locomotive's, it would mean releasing another Thomas & Friends Gauge, with the Narrow Gauge only starting to be released last year, and only a small amount of products in production, the range needs a good kick-off. I will be very surprised if we get a new range again this year. I honestly don't think we will get a new Gauge for a long time, especially the Minature Railway.

UPTODAY

remember,Jacob,everyone,Im a newbee with this Thomas stuff.Started watching tv shows about a year ago.Now I am getting bit by the narrow gauge bug.No room on the layout however.
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #304 By UPTODAY: Oh, sorry Steve. I did not know you have been watching the TV Series for about a year. I did not know you are that new to Thomas the Tank Engine!

I am getting hit by the Narrow Gauge bug as well! It is a very serious illness! I must make an appointment about it with my GP (My bank account manager)!

mully

Personally I can see it maybe being a quiet year this year. I have a feeling we may get Duncan or rusty, just my thoughts, with a item or two of rolling stock which is likely to be a red coach and break van. Ho possibly Paxton although i would love daisy. Large probably Edward or diesel. Still have Oliver and Winston to released. Buildings which seems to go unnoticed. I think ffarquhar station. A depot in scale with skarloey. Possibly knapford clock tower.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #306 By mully: At this point, I would like to welcome another new User to the Bachmann Forum, so "welcome mully"!

I agree with you. I do not think Bachmann will release as much this year, in their Thomas & Friends range. I think we had as many products as we did in 2015, because I think we had all of that, to celebrate the 70th Anniversary of Thomas the Tank Engine!

However, I do not think we will not get Rusty or Duncan, just yet. If we do get another Narrow Gauge Locomotive which I hope we do, I am sure it will be Rheneas. Getting Skarloey one year, who is the No. 1 Engine in the hills, would be like getting Thomas, the No. 1 Engine one Engine, but then getting Rusty or Duncan after Skarloey without Rheneas, would be like getting Emily before Percy! This is not going to happen, and it can't happen. Rheneas must and has to be the next Narrow Gauge Engine, that Bachmann release. I cannot stress that enough!

mully

Just pointing out tho both Duncan and rusty have had more star roles. Just putting that out there

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #308 By mully: Yes, I do agree with you there, but however, Rheneas is pretty much the 'Percy' of the Narrow Gauge Railway, so this is why I am 99% sure that the next Bachmann Narrow Gauge Locomotive that will be released, will be Rheneas.