Digital True Blast II Steam Sound 00246???

Started by Seaboard Air Line Fan, December 16, 2015, 08:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seaboard Air Line Fan

Can this be powered by DC?

Also, does the chuff work off a cam or off varying voltage to the circuit?

UPDATE---is the chuff even part of this circuit board, or is it bell/whistle only?

I think I've got an answer for my 1st question, I did see where a S-scale guy put one of these in a couple of his steamers, S-scale is DC correct?

BobD.

phillyreading

I had a Pennsylvania S-2 steam engine and it had the True Blast 2 sound system, it was a steam whistle for grade crossing(2 long, one short, one long) when prompted by the whistle button and also the bell feature when prompted by the bell button on an MTH Z-1000 transformer.

If it has a chuffing sound it is probably the earlier version Crown Edition (QSI system made for Williams) of a QSI sound system in it. The Crown Edition was made in the mid to late 1990's, it was before the True Blast system by Williams. There was diesel and steam sounds with the QSI systems.

All Williams engines I have dealt with are set up to run on AC voltage.

FYI; S scale can be either AC or DC depends on who made the engine and what time period the engine is from. Examples; American Flyer engines from the late 1940's had a DC or AC letter indicating what it ran on. Also with today's new engines by S Helper and others the S scale engine can be DC.
If it is is a Lionel American Flyer it is most likely AC.

Lee F.