Main Menu

Reset Values of CV

Started by DLE, December 16, 2015, 09:03:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DLE

Hello
I need your Help
I've been a model railroader for the past 43 years but new to DCC
I bought last month the Bachmann RS-3 Canadian National #3019 Awesome !
Now it won't run anymore. Don't get me wrong the product is fine its my fault I totally mess up the CV.  :-[
I'm really worry...
Is there a reset that I can do to restore the engine as the manufactuer did ?
Thanks for your help
DLE

kewatin

DLE cv8 is the reset cv code you are looking for to reset. once you have done that your loco should be re programmed to  an address of 003 which is the way they are shipped out new.you then can program the loco # if you so desire to do so..
regards&later KEWATIN

DLE

Super but what the value i should input

bapguy

CV8=8. A value of 8.Once you program it turn the  power off to the track wait 20 seconds or so  and turn the power back on, or lift the loco off the track wait 20 seconds and then put the loco back on. If the re-set took, the headlights will flash. I can't remember how many times, maybe around 20?  Depending on you DCC system, the default address 3 could be 3,03,or 003.  Joe

DLE

Thanks for all the help :)
I entered at the cv 8 the value 55 and the reset was complete
Again thanks everyone

Hunt

DLE,
A value of 55 enter to CV 8  does nothing.  Any value other than 8 is ignored.

Hunt

Quote from: Hunt on December 21, 2015, 08:35:00 PM
DLE,
A value of 55 enter to CV 8  does nothing.  Any value other than 8 is ignored.

On second thought - Since the locomotive is factory equipped with a Bachmann (Lenz based) non-sound decoder, a value of 33 entered in CV 8 may also trigger a decoder reset as does 8. I do not have one to verify if using 33 will work with this decoder.

hawghead1

I had this problem just last evening. I was reprogramming some CV values and I couldn't get either engine to run. Both are Bachmann Sound Value Alcos, one RS-3 and one S-4.
When I realized neither would take commands of lights whistle or bell, I finally tried and "RE ADDRESSED"  the two engines and walla. Somehow they lost their address? Reprogram an address into it and it should work? Good luck.