Driveshaft from Climax Gearbox has failed - which parts do I need?

Started by tbdanny, December 18, 2015, 06:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbdanny

Hi all,

One of my Bachmann On30 Climax locomotives has failed.  I noticed that when I was running it, it would appear that the gearbox was slipping.

Investigation of this fault narrowed it down to this component:

The universal on the left (which goes to the front axle) has developed a crack, and so it slips on the shaft.  Further to this, the gear just to the right of the universal is also slipping, to the point where the model barely moves.  As such, I think that this whole assembly will need to be replaced.

My question is, what part numbers do I need to order?  I know that this http://estore.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=8480 will give me the axle with a working gear on it.  However, I've been through the spare parts list a couple of times now, and can't see where to find the universals or the square axles coming out of them.  If someone could point me to these, I would really appreciate it.

mabloodhound

Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

tbdanny

Hi,

I've seen those posts, but they still don't answer my original question.  Where do I get the universal joints (with the O-rings around them), and the square driveshafts?  Those do not appear to be included in either the link in my original post, or in the replacement gear set.

tbdanny

Never mind,

Turns out I had two sets of the replacement gears - one for each climax.  I've found them and performed the repairs.

:-[