News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Lenz LE1000 speed settings

Started by Spireblade, December 26, 2015, 12:54:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spireblade

Hi, I have aquired a Hornby Class 37 on Ebay fitted with a Lenz LE1000 processor. It works.....in a fashion.
I am using the Hornby Railmaster/Elink set up and when I try the 37, it shoots off so fast I wonder how it stays on the rails.
Can anyone let me know which CV settings to alter to make the 37 behave properly? It's either max speed or nothing.
I have tried resetting theprocessor and deselecting the DC setting in CV29.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Nathan

You might want to look at the Lenz web site.

http://lenzusa.com/index.htm

They have online manuals for all their products.

Nathan

Hunt

The Lenz LE1000 processor decoder is damaged. Replace it.

Spireblade

Ahem....yes ....decoder.

That would explain a lot really. No matter what I do I cant slow it down, only by JUST having a tiny bit of throttle .

Many thanks

jward

dcc decoders have a function called analog conversion that can be turned off or on by programming cv29. if the decoder has analog conversion turned on, the factory default, and thinks it is running on dc powered track when in fact it is on dcc, it will behave the way yours does. the fact that you cannot seem to reprogram it points to a problem with the decoder itself, which is why hunt has recommended replacing it.

but, before you replace it, some dcc systems (digitrax for one) require a 1000 ohm resistor across the rails when programming a lenz type decoder. your system may be like that, I am not familiar with Hornby. try that workaround and see it you can get it to run correctly.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA