News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Smoke units and DCC

Started by brokenrail, January 02, 2016, 03:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokenrail

Finally a idea, thats a great start .Anybody know where to get one of those micro relays or this type of component that would offer the same effect of using the low current to switch a higher current on/off. A good vent fan in the train room came to mind since smoke is allowed .
Johnny

jbrock27

I think you are missing a few things...
Keep Calm and Carry On

billgiannelli

I am just curious would adapting an electric cigarette be workable? its supposed to be just water vapor and would eliminate the oil residue. just a thought.....
Bill

Jhanecker2

It would also  probably  melt your  loco and the "vapor" is not manufactured to be compaitble with the materials of train .

billgiannelli

well, that would not be good!

brokenrail

Metal smoke boxes will work.I have noticed many of Bachmann steam engine have the smoke box that can be separated from the boiler.There 's a idea  for a metal part upgrade,  and to add a little weight and a smoke/vapor option kit.
Johnny

Len

If you really want smoke, you could take up live steam modeling.

http://www.scottpages.net/ReviewOfLiveSteam.html

Len
If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

brokenrail

Interesting  link, those Euro trains seem to get my attention for some reason,maybe a different place or time that I cannot remember.
Thanks Len.
Johnny

rogertra

Quote from: brokenrail on January 12, 2016, 10:49:31 PM
Interesting  link, those Euro trains seem to get my attention for some reason,maybe a different place or time that I cannot remember.
Thanks Len.
Johnny

That's British steam, not "Euro steam."  How dare you!!!!!   ;D

Calling Brits "Euros" will get you the same result as when Euros call Canadian "American".

Cheers

Roger T.

jbrock27

Quote from: rogertra on January 12, 2016, 11:39:57 PM

...will get you the same result as when Euros call Canadian "American".

Cheers

Roger T.

Don't know why that would be considered as anything but a compliment :D
Keep Calm and Carry On

Trainman203

[/quote]

Calling Brits "Euros" will get you the same result as when Euros call Canadian "American".

[/quote]

Like calling a Southerner a "Yankee"! HAWHAWHAWHAWHAW !

brokenrail

North Americans sometimes called Canucks .BEST neighbors you could have.They sound just like the folks from the Michigan upper peninsula called Youpers.

WoundedBear

Quote from: jbrock27 on January 13, 2016, 07:03:28 AM
Quote from: rogertra on January 12, 2016, 11:39:57 PM

...will get you the same result as when Euros call Canadian "American".

Cheers

Roger T.

Don't know why that would be considered as anything but a compliment :D

As soon as I can stop laughing, I'm gonna call you. That may take a few days however :P ;D

Sid

jbrock27

I am glad I could furnish you with some merriment and anxiously await your call, my CANADIAN friend ;)
Keep Calm and Carry On