News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Dummy Plug for removing DCC

Started by dick, January 10, 2016, 09:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dick

Goofed again bought a engine at the big train show in Richmond Ca. Supposed to be a brand new unit never on the track. Took it home tried to run it nothing worked. Would not run with my NCE system. Do not know if it is the decoder or the engine so I am removing the decoder. What I need is the wiring for the dummy plug where the decoder would normally plug in. It is a Bachmann item # 50949 HO 2-8-4 Berkshire Steam Loco Tender [DCC]. Thanks for any help. Dick   

jbrock27

Further testimony to support why I recommend against buying operative items at train shows.

Hey dick, have you searched on the Parts section on the Home page of the Forum?  How about under the Products section which has diagrams and schematics?
Keep Calm and Carry On

dick

I tell my self to stop trusting people and test before I buy so I guess I will start listening to myself and at 82 you would think I would know better. I will try your suggestion and thanks for the quick reply.

jbrock27

You're welcome and good luck :)

Not to revel in your dismay, but this is why I say what I say about buying items like this at train shows.  Little to no recourse once you are home.  Even if buying a DC loco, sure, you can got to the show with a 9Volt battery to test it but I still would rather take my chances from buying from such a place as Ebay.  A lot more consumer protections and options available to you.  Not so with cash at the train show I am afraid >:(
Keep Calm and Carry On

dick

Trying to locate the Products section you mentioned.

Jhanecker2

Dick  look at the top of the page where it says  Part , Service & Information  click  on it with your  mouse button and continue from there . John2.

Hunt

Quote from: dick on January 10, 2016, 09:42:23 AM
. . . . What I need is the wiring for the dummy plug where the decoder would normally plug in. . . .

Click Here scroll to last page for installation of the pair of  3-pin dummy plugs.

Be sure one plug connects socket pin 8, 1, 2 and the other connects socket pin 6, 5, 4

jbrock27

Professor is a "give a guy a fish" kinda guy ;).
Keep Calm and Carry On

dick

Thanks for the information. Problem has been solved with a new decoder.

jbrock27

Keep Calm and Carry On

ACY

If I ever buy any locomotives or anything else like a controller or system at a train show, I always get some combination of a phone number, email, address etc where I can reach them. In fact, I had bought a locomotive at a flea market last year that had a short, I sent it in for repair but was out $50, so I rang the person I bought it from and he offered to let me have another locomotive at no charge at the next show.

jbrock27

And how many, out of the people you ask for this information, provide it to you?

Have you collected on that other locomotive yet?
Keep Calm and Carry On