How to convert a Bachmann Gordon into a Bachmann Hiro

Started by JLK2707, January 11, 2016, 05:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

Does anybody know how it would be possible to modify a Bachmann Gordon into a Bachmann Hiro?

Jacob Wilson

I cannot see how you could convert a Bachmann Gordon to Hiro. They are a different Class of Locomotive.

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: JLK2707 on January 11, 2016, 03:13:55 PM
I see your point.

This will not be easy to make. Murdoch would seem a better option, but Bachmann as of 2016 have not produced a Murdoch yet. You could try and buy a Hornby Murdoch, but they are difficult to get hold off, but I wouldn't even want to do this too a Hornby Murdoch as they are too nice to spoil like this.

Your best option is waiting for Bachmann or Hornby to release him. I could see him being produced as, I do think Hiro is a popular character.

JLK2707

Thanks. I see what you mean, but what would I need to do to convert Murdoch into Hiro?

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: JLK2707 on January 11, 2016, 04:40:21 PM
Thanks. I see what you mean, but what would I need to do to convert Murdoch into Hiro?

I have no idea. I have never converted a Locomotive to another Locomotive before! All I can tell you is to repaint the Murdoch black, some way of getting some sticker decals printed with of a white 51 (Hiro's number), and then taking Murdoch's face off and then try to change it into Hiro's face. Maybe you could make Hiro's face out of clay or something.

Please do not take any of this words for words. I never converted a Locomotive to another Locomotive before. I am probably just talking a load of gibberish as a non-professional. These are just very basic ideas.

Ken Clark

JLK2707

There is an ARII kit listed on E bay for a 1/50th plastic model of a JNR Class 51,
which could provide you with the super structure for your conversion.

Ken Clark
    GWN

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: Ken Clark on January 11, 2016, 05:17:07 PM

JLK2707

There is an ARII kit listed on E bay for a 1/50th plastic model of a JNR Class 51,
which could provide you with the super structure for your conversion.

Ken Clark
    GWN

Ooh, I will have to have a look at that! It sounds interesting. Thank you for posting that information Ken Clark.

MrBob

easiest way to make charters is buying an OO/HO model then use the face from a trackmaster/wooden railways model

but eh the JNR 51 model isn't cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ho-Scale-Kato-JNR-D51-Mikado-Class-Steam-Locomotive-/262235470171?hash=item3d0e73b95b:g:rcQAAOSwKtlWk8Ir

Jacob Wilson

Quote from: MrBob on January 11, 2016, 06:14:03 PM
easiest way to make charters is buying an OO/HO model then use the face from a trackmaster/wooden railways model

but eh the JNR 51 model isn't cheap

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ho-Scale-Kato-JNR-D51-Mikado-Class-Steam-Locomotive-/262235470171?hash=item3d0e73b95b:g:rcQAAOSwKtlWk8Ir

The thing that I find though is that the Thomas & Friends Wooden Railway and TrackMaster ranges have the wrong scale face's for the Bachmann and Hornby's Thomas & Friends ranges.

Also, thank you for posting that link to that KATO Locomotive currently for sale on eBay, MrBob. It looks just like Hiro!