News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Two Missouri Pacific questions

Started by gmhtrains, January 11, 2016, 02:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAM

I don't model the mop, operate on a club layout that has a mop line.

Bill Baker

I actually model the Rock Island as seen in Little Rock.  It, of course, has joint trackage and track usage rights to the MOP.  As a result I, on rare occasions, run the Delta Eagle which is composed of a P2K E-8, and two passenger cars in grey and blue livery.  To be honest with you, I don't know if the Delta Eagle ever came through Little Rock, but its fun for a change up.
Bill

bapguy

Kelley Joe

Yes Wabash Chester and Western. My dad was born in and lived in a log cabin in 1921 in Scheller Illinois right next to the WCW Railroad. It paralled an old stage route that went from Mt Vernon, Waltonville, Scheller, Tamaroa, and on towards Chester. Mostly livestock and grain and passengers, it was taken over by MOPAC and became important when coal mines started opening along the route. My dad worked at Orient 3 mine near Waltonvile where coal moved down towards the river in Chester as well as a power plant. Dad told me they called the WCW "Wobble, Creak, & Wobble. If you look up nicknames for RRs you will also find "Wobble, Crooked, and Wobble.

Trainman203

Delta eagle info:

http://cs.trains.com/trn/f/741/t/265392.aspx.

We followed that line  on an annual vacation trip for many years on US 51.  The route between Tallulah LA and Lake Village AR appeared to be largely intact a few years ago though you'd never know that a name train once ran over it.  It is now completely overgrown with rotted ties.  At one point a farmer was removing rails  for his personal use and a few miles away was an overturned Railbox car that had been left for dead.  Note that the power is a modified  E unit with only one prime mover , the resulting empty space becoming a baggage compartment.