News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New Acquisitions

Started by Titanic5972, January 14, 2016, 06:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal

A bit of a late reply, I got the coaches from ebay, however ehattons has Gordon and James Coaches up for pre-order.

Metal

New items

Red Branchline Coaches

While they do go great with most of the engines. I personally think they work best with......

Edward

donaldthescottishtwin

Went to New York recently so managed to get a pretty good haul.

Arry and Bert
Skarloey
Toad
And Red branchline coaches

And with Arry Bert and Skarloey my Bachmann loco collection is almost complete only need Celebration Thomas and the speed activated sound Thomas. Until Oliver and Rosie come out.

Cheeky_ULP

How could you forget Rheneas? He's guaranteed to be better than Oliver and Rosie (especially Rosie...). ;)

donaldthescottishtwin

Come on Sparks what you got against Rosie? and yh i forgot Rheneas *smashes head against wall* i am most looking forward to Sir Handel and Duncan hopefully Bachmann keep going with the narrow gauge engines. sadly I don't think they will make Duke unless he retuns to the series.

ClrwtrMK2

Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on June 27, 2016, 07:52:11 AM
Come on Sparks what you got against Rosie?

He's right, Rosie is the best post 7th Season character ever made. >:(

thomasj219

I wouldn't go that far. But she's not bad. I'm actually kind of looking forward to the model.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Metal

Alright look before things get hostile

Let me say that while all the classic characters haven't been finished, at least almost all of them are.

Second of all...
Quote from: ClrwtrMK2 on June 27, 2016, 10:31:33 AM
Quote from: donaldthescotishtwin on June 27, 2016, 07:52:11 AM
Come on Sparks what you got against Rosie?

He's right, Rosie is the best post 7th Season character ever made. >:(
Why is it that you often get upset, whenever you say something on this board? Going by your recent feed.

While it's good to see that there's alot of fans that would at least welcome Rosie into open arms, maybe not here on the fourm, but on the outside. However, you can't get upset if there's people that dislike one of your favorite characters. Anything you like/support is always gonna have an opposition.
For example, there's people that actually hate Stepney, as well as those with Hiro.  ::)
No one is against Bachmann making post-S7 characters, but compared to Rosie, it seems that there's people out there that would consider other characters outside outside the classic era, like those from the CGI era, that they would find more appealing, mostly due an individual's personal taste.

Chaz

Speaking as someone who owns the Bachmann Skarloey and has plans to get other narrow gauge products in the future (including Rheneas) I can't deny that the stuff in the Skarloey products is at a far superior quality.  Skarloey alone blows all the HO engines out of the water, even more than Duck and the Scottish twins.  That's not to say that the HO products are in a bad quality at all, including Oliver and Rosie, but the quality of the narrow gauge products is something that I have never seen in not just Thomas models but even most model trains in general before, which is why I think that the narrow gauge line is something special on its own.   Compared to Oliver, (since I'm not getting Rosie), Rheneas is the one I am most excited for and nothing will change that.

To those of you moaning over the Rosie comment made earlier, get over it, it's not that big of a deal.  More importantly, it doesn't change the fact that the model has been announced and it will be on its way at some point in the future.  That by itself should be something for you to look forward to.  Just be grateful for what's coming your way, especially considering how many bumps Bachmann has been going through in production lately, especially with Oliver.  If you don't agree with someone, be civil about it and give a reason for why you think a certain way.

Now, can we please go back to a more civil topic?
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

UPTODAY

Bachmann,s 50 ton Climax,in ho scale,now thats real DETAIL!!!!!Makes Skarloey look like a kids toy!!!!!!
JUST SAYING,
UPTODAY
UPTODAY

thomasj219

Well in essence.....it is.

It's an amazing amount of detail given that it is a "toy".
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

Chaz

While it's not a "Thomas" model specifically, I figured I would share my newest acqusation here.

Wilbert runs great, has superb detail and is an all-around fantastic model.  Wilbert has always been one of my favorite non-TV characters, so having a model of this particular locomotive is really exciting, especially since there is a limited quantity.  A huge thank you goes to DJ Models and Hayward's Trains for providing the model.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

DinoNTrains

That is really awesome, Chaz! A fine addition to your collection. :)
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

Anthony P2

i just received my model of Wilbert too! it is one beautiful model! It's also my first DJM model, and will most certainly not be my last! ;)

Captain Crutch

This can be considered a Thomas model as this engine (or atleast on if the same class) was in a learning segment on a cgi DVD. Just incase someone wants it to be removed for not having to do with Thomas. But other than that the model looks beautiful. It even looks like it might have interior detail. Anyways I can't wait to see Rheneas. Aswell as to UPTODAY, The props were mainly just oversized toys infact in the original (and quite frankly better) script of a certain special they were called oversized toys. The original models were intended to be toy like and were just O Scale engines. So Skarloey looking like a toy has more to do with the actual model than Bachmann.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!