News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Show off your Bachmann EMD streamliner

Started by ZeldaTheSwordsman, January 25, 2016, 10:15:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Felt like starting something of an appreciation/display thread for the streamlined EMD diesels produced by Bachmann. I'll start:

EMD F9A. It's an older model, with a decently-running pancake motor on the rear truck. I'm not sure of the name of the set it originally came from, but I do recall from when I first saw it (It was a gift purchased years in advance of my being deemed old enough, and ravaged by my cousins before I was able to claim it.) that it contained a hopper and caboose (the track is brass and the power pack is brown with a tan handle, if that helps anyone provide the name). In any case, it's a lovely loco and looks good with the dome car (even if the dome car itself is not exactly stellar), although it needs a wheel clean and a new traction tire.

brokenrail

I had one of those Bachmann F9's in SANTA fE .The silver was actually a type of chrome plating on the plastic shell .Same old pancake motor.It turned to a parts doaner when the motor failed.The number boards were made to light up  witch was great.Strange the new f7 does not light up or have numbers.Would be nice to see that come back numbered and lighted .What happened with the downgrade.
Johnny