News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

New 2-8-0 I hope

Started by rgengineoiler, February 01, 2016, 10:19:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgengineoiler

Hey Bachmann;  Any chance of a new run of 2-8-0 Consolidations with sound coming.  I have been going back to steam in a big way and have purchased five new Bachmann locomotives so far and I need some 2-8-0's for sure.  I know there are some out there without DCC installed  from the last run a few years ago but real busy with other layout building and don't want to mess right now with decoder installs.  So how about a new run of 2-8-0's please.  Just a note that the new ones I have purchased are are top notch in both operation and detail.   Doug

kewatin

funny you asked,as this very question was raised a few days ago on 2 other forums. i have 5 of these little jewels with out sound but dcc and like you and others would like to see a re run with sound. but if i loose decoder i will put in a lok sound unit. to send back to bachmann for repair  or replacement won;t help as the loco has been discontinued.i think we will see a 2-8-2 mikado first before any connies.while we are at it many ,many of us would like to see a rerun of the heavy mtn with  sound. i hope it happens soon as time is running out on me .   lol regards&later  KEWATIN

rgengineoiler

I was going to ask for some heavy mountains also but did not want to push my luck.  Five years or so between runs does not help me either as I am not getting any younger.  Anyway Kewatin, I just thought I'd ask the question here and see what happens.   Doug

inkaneer

A 2-8-0 based on a PRR H10 would be nice.  The K4's did well so I would think the H series would do likewise.  Also the PRR was not the only road too have these.  After being bumped from the PRR roster many of these locomotives were sold to short line coal haulers in the East.   

ryeguyisme

I too would like to see a re-release of the connies and the heavy mountain with DCC/sound

kewatin

this is the little engine that took on the big guys & put bachmann in the ranks of kato,atlas etc.in my opion of course,but facts are facts and this loco is a favourite among many of us.they say the mfg patrols his web site ,so we shall see if he is listening.this and the heavy mtns are constantly being asked for a rerun,with sound would be awesome/. my stock of mtns is down to one ,having sent 2 back for warranty work and receiving something else in return ie no stock.my years are fading and i do hope bachmann will do a rerun soon. i don't know what the stats are for considering a rerun,so perhaps  THE YARDMASTER could chime in and offer his knowledge with out giving away any corporation secrets.in closing i think my sentiments refleck that many,many of us would like to see a re run of these fine locomotives.
regards & later KEWATIN

Rich_S

Quote from: inkaneer on February 25, 2016, 03:50:31 PM

A 2-8-0 based on a PRR H10 would be nice.  The K4's did well so I would think the H series would do likewise.  Also the PRR was not the only road too have these.  After being bumped from the PRR roster many of these locomotives were sold to short line coal haulers in the East.   

I second the PRR H10 2-8-0. I have one of the older 2-8-0's in Western Maryland paint. Not only does it look fantastic, it runs very well. The only downside to these older 2-8-0's, the motor is visible in the cab and the front coupler took a little fiddling to add a operating front coupler.

Regards,
Rich S.

brokemoto

Funny thing on that Western Maryland.   There was one particular class of 2-8-0s that it had where Baldwin built one of the subclasses and ALCo the other.   As you are no doubt aware, the B-mann carries the Baldwin builder's plate.  The number on the WM belongs to one that was from the sub-class that ALCo built.

I have the WM version, as well.  I have yet to change the number.  I must change the number on the B&O as well.  It carries a number for and even the class designation
E-27, which was the largest class of 2-8-0s on the B&O.  It looks nothing like an E-27.  It looks more like an E-60, which was a Buffalo and Susquehanna locomotive.  B&O did pull some of the E-60s off of the B&S and retained them when it sold the B&S to the Wellsville, Addisonville and Galeton group.   I seem to recall that the WAG did get the six E-60s that were left there as well as a few switchers.

dtpowell

Bachmann gave me my wish for a K4s. I'm Happy. An H10 with sound would be a hit for me too. Any of the 2-8-0's would be great to see again. DCC and sound would only make it better.

atsf_arizona

Quote from: Rich_S on March 05, 2016, 09:52:42 PM
Quote from: inkaneer on February 25, 2016, 03:50:31 PM

Only downside to these older 2-8-0's, the motor is visible in the cab and the front coupler took a little fiddling to add a operating front coupler.

Regards,
Rich S.

Rich, nice photos.

Do you have any other photos of your front pilot modifications necessary to get the working front coupler? 

Did you use a MT 1015?

I need to do the same on my two N sale Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0's.

Thx.

John Sing
Sarasota, FL

Rich_S

Rich, nice photos.

Do you have any other photos of your front pilot modifications necessary to get the working front coupler? 

Did you use a MT 1015?

I need to do the same on my two N sale Bachmann Spectrum 2-8-0's.

Thx.

John Sing
Sarasota, FL

John,
It's been awhile since I did this conversion, but I believe I used a Micro-Trains 1015 assembled coupler. I had to enlarge the opening in the pilot a little and carefully round the back of the 1015 coupler box, to allow the pilot wheels to swing freely.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photo's. I just have a simple point and shoot digital camera, that is not very good a closeups.

Rich S.

atsf_arizona

Rich,

Thank you very much. :-)

John.