News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Yallow D&RGW on30 2-260 locomotive & cars

Started by larryvretired, February 09, 2016, 09:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryvretired

I have a Bachmann on30 2-6-0 D&RGW yellow #136 steam locomotive & tender.  I also have a baggage car, a combine car and a couple of what appear to be passenger or observation cars.  All are yellow with numbers and the D&RGW logo. I won the train in a raffle about 10 years  ago. Bachmann no longer has the yallow D&RGW items in any recent catalog.

I can attach photos if that would help.

I can not find any information on these items.  Can you help me?

rogertra

Just a heads up.  Mr.  Bach Man will probably move this post to the On30 forum, if you don't.

Cheers

Roger T.

mabloodhound

What info do you need?

Bachmann will or has already released a new version of this loco with DCC available.
Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security

Mister Lee

As was mentioned earlier, Bachmann no longer makes the D&RGW yellow cars. You can still buy used ones on E-bay when they come up for sale. The cars are still very much the same style of passenger cars Bachmann makes and sells now; that means you can still use the same parts.

Many model railroaders change the Bachmann couplers for HO scale Kadee couplers. A few adventurous ones have fitted Kadee On3 couplers or San Juan Car Company's "evolution" couplers. Most go for the route of the least hassles.

If you're planning to do some model railroading using the yellow cars as a starting point, you don't have to worry yourself to death thinking that the yellow cars ran only with a yellow engine. The fact is they generally didn't; D&RGW's narrow-gauge passenger trains usually ran with engines painted in one of the D&RGW's black schemes.

Besides, it's your railroad.

mabloodhound

Dave Mason

D&G RR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"In matters of style, swim with the current;
in matters of principle, stand like a rock."   Thos. Jefferson

The 2nd Amendment, America's 1st Homeland Security