Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Great Race Thread

Started by Metal, February 12, 2016, 02:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal

We have an official trailer!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWlXiSGl-FI&feature=youtu.be

Seems that the trailer isn't trying to spoil much.

Please discuss your thoughts :)

sean1994rail

Glad to see flying Scotsman making his full to series appearance, since he cameo in Tender Engines, especially since the real Scotsman this year is back in steam.

Jacob Wilson

This does look good, but I hope the Movie will not be made into comic strip style film, like that trailer shows.

I am glad to see the Flying Scotman is in it. I looking forward to this Movie now!

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

This is amazing. The engines...look so real! And that bit about the "reveal of the contenders.." Will this be like a real race, in which the racers are revealed over a period of time? That would be amazing! Every week on the official channel, another racer is revealed!

Some other things I noticed- is that Logan and Philip? Iron Duke, covered in streamers? Shooting Star Gordon and Flying Scotsman on the cover, along with Ashima?

This is shaping up to be very, VERY exciting special!

EDIT(S)- Looks like that's another Indian engine next to Thomas and Ashima, not Iron Duke, and Logan is actually Vinnie!
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Jacob Wilson

I have just looked at the Thomas & Friends Wikia, at The Great Race page, and I am sad to see that Spencer is not in the character list, nor is Caitlin and Connor.

I thought The Great Race was going to be based around Gordon, Spencer, Caitlin, Connor and the Flying Scotsman.

I am still looking forward to The Great Race, but this would have been the perfect Movie for Spencer to feature in.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #5 By Racing James!: According to Thomas & Friends Wikia, Spencer, Caitlin and Connor are not in The Great Race. Those are hardly noticeable anyway.

MeganekkoFury1126

I'm being cautious.

Not only does this special have a lot to live up to following Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure, but this plot has been done many times before in the show with Thomas trying to prove himself and Diesel trying to sabotage him. Not to mention that there are 12 new characters to squeeze into one hour special!

That being said, this IS the new team we're talking about, and they've surprised us time and time again.

Plus, not sure if Donald and Douglas will still have a song to sing, but that's something I'm also eager to see.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #7 By MeganekkoFury1126: Over the years though in the TV Series, there have been references to other things that has happened in older Episodes. The thing about Thomas and Devious Diesel competing against each other is part of the Thomas & Friends tradition, if you like and something that will never end. This is what makes the TV series interesting to watch with the Steamies and Diesel's competing like this.

ok Jacob, I understand what the wiki says. They don't have any more info than we do, so whatever they see is what they post. They are not 100% accurate, so calm down with the wiki. It's not always correct.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #9 By Racing James!: Yes, the Wikipedia and Wikia website's are not always correct, so I never believe the information it tells you, 100%. The fact anybody, me or you with an account, can add or change information, makes it un-trustworthy website. Although, it is useful, it is all not believable.

MeganekkoFury1126

Quote from: Jacob Wilson on February 12, 2016, 09:46:10 AM
^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #7 By MeganekkoFury1126: The thing about Thomas and Devious Diesel competing against each other is part of the Thomas & Friends tradition, if you like and something that will never end. This is what makes the TV series interesting to watch with the Steamies and Diesel's competing like this.

Yes, there will be some steam vs. diesel action still going on, but doing it too much makes that formula stale. Would you want to eat the exact same thing for breakfast, lunch and dinner over and over?

Now I'm not saying that every instance of a steam vs. diesel engine is bad. I really liked the recent episodes involving Diesel in season 17 thru 19, but that was because they were written well. Wild Water Rescue in particular is a very well executed twist on the otherwise familiar formula.

My point is the new team already has a difficult job ahead to make the already familiar plot unique again and be able for it to stand on its own, especially since it's Thomas and Diesel again, since we've gotten that A LOT in the bad era of Thomas' series alone.

Jacob Wilson

^ Above 1 Reply - @Reply #11 By MeganekkoFury1126: No, I wouldn't want to eat the same food for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I guess the Steamies vs. Diesel's thing is getting old and can get annoying. It is as you said, how well the storyline has been written for the Episode, depends whether not the Steamies vs. Diesel's thing is good or not.

Thomas and Devious Diesel do compete a lot though. HiT Entertainment need to start writing stories with a different Steam Engine and Diesel Engine competing, to make it more interesting.

JLK2707

When in 2016 will this air?

MeganekkoFury1126

Reportedly in the Fall of 2016.