News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The Great Race Thread

Started by Metal, February 12, 2016, 02:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLK2707

Does Thomas get streamlined also? Or is it just Gordon?

Metal

Ok perhaps it's a good thing to continue this discussion. In other parts in the fandom, things blow up into hostility, as well as recieving racist backlash from mainstream web article readers.

However it's easy to have a civil discussion here, there's been alot going on.

Things don't seem as bad as the response it's been getting.  I will say that Ashima, Vinnie, and Yong Bao are my favorite designs.

Even though Ashima seems like a very promising character. The thing I'm really worried about is  implied romance between her and Thomas.

DinoNTrains

Wow! That pic really gives you an idea on some the international engines' sizes. For instance, I had no idea that Ashima was that much larger than Thomas (thought she was slightly longer, if not the same size as Thomas).
Bachmann never ceases to amaze me :)

thomasj219

I caught hints of that romance too. It's iffy but it could be done right. Or very worng. We'll just have to wait and see.
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

frisbrob

Hey, just want to thank everybody for the info you gave me on looking for parts for my engine. I have another question on this DCC stuff? I am 53 and have been out of the train scene for a long time, now my son who is 21 want's us to get back into it. What is the difference between all of my old stuff and this DCC and how does it work? Can you run DCC on the old regular layout? I am not going to get rid of my old stuff just because everything is going digital and computerized, heck i still have my first engines from when i was 8 years old, they are TYCOs and i am sorry but they are better than anything else out there, they will pull a mile long train as powerful and fast as you want it to go even with as old as they are. I have Bachmann engines but they are all pancake motors which i am afraid to run now, i have Athern's that are can motor's and all wheel drive, they will pull a load but not with any kind of speed. I like Bachmann but what do they have that is not pancake motors and is everything new now DCC?

JLK2707

Apparently, it is hinted on ttte wiki that Flying Scotsman will be in future episodes.

Shawn

I won't spoil it here (there's plenty of other places to be) but the great race was fantastic.  It's truly next level in so many ways, especially the animation, and the touching theme of being yourself. I enjoyed every second of it in my VIP seat at Vue Lancaster ;)

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Off-topic but:
Shawn! I remember you! I was fergusfan17 back two+ years ago!

And re: TGR- from clips I've seen its a very exciting movie that I can't wait to see.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Cheeky_ULP

Just saw the majority of the movie on Youtube. Very unusual film that feels like a unique departure from the normal specials. The other diesels even get bigger spotlight this time.

Maybe time to reconsider a Bachmann Sidney, Norman and Paxton model?  ;)

JLK2707

Please send me the link sparks.

Cheeky_ULP

It has been taken down by HiT Entertainment unfortunately.

It was missing 15 minutes of random footage and some scenes were blacked out, so it would be better to wait for the proper DVD. I still plan on buying it when it comes out.

JLK2707

Good for you. I plan on seeing it at an Australian cinema.

Metal

Quote from: Sparks on June 07, 2016, 02:14:01 PM
Just saw the majority of the movie on Youtube. Very unusual film that feels like a unique departure from the normal specials. The other diesels even get bigger spotlight this time.

Maybe time to reconsider a Bachmann Sidney, Norman and Paxton model?  ;)

The international characters have fantastic designs, and they would make great models, as well as kitbashs. But it seems that most are one-offs, quite a shame really.

Perhaps, a Bachmann Ashima? :) ::) ;)

Cheeky_ULP

Ashima is too new to be made just yet. Besides, they would sooner do Paxton and Marion before doing a model of Ashima.

donaldthescottishtwin

Even though I have not seen the entire special only "leaked" clips on YouTube so far it really annoys me how they changed Flying Scotsmans character and his and Gordon's tight brotherly relationship. And why does he call Gordon "little brother" Gordon was first the prototype for the A3 class so Scotsman is actually the little brother.