Sound set-up: CRE57002SS Revolution /New Bachmann Forney

Started by beweekly, February 17, 2016, 02:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beweekly

Dear Bach Man,

I've been away for a while, it's good to be back. ;D I want to buy 2 BACHMANN SPECTRUM®1:20.3 SCALE BALDWIN 2-4-4- FORNEY STEAM LOCOMOTIVE (80997)

I heard that this new BACHMANN FORNEY engine is Plug n Play, does that mean that the  Aristo Craft CRE57002SS REVOLUTION 2.4 GHZ Receiver W/Generic Steam Sound will work in the new Forney engine?

I seen a Youtube video and it showed the Revolution receiver was simply plugged into the "plug and play socket" of the Forney. I plan to put these receivers in the Forney, will they work?

Also, I plan to use battery power thru a DPDT toggle switch on the outside back of the tender. But............... ??? ???

QUESTIONS:

1) Do I have to isolate all the wires from the frame,wheels and engine? 
2)How do I connect the battery to the"plug and play" socket board of the Forney?
3) And does the Forney come with a built in speaker?   

Thanks Bach Man,

beweekly

the Bach-man

Dear BW,
Contact Navin Shievdayal at

www.crest-electronics2@yahoo,com

www,crest-electronics.net

Good luck!
the Bach-man

Joe Zullo

This video definitely shows that the Crest Revolution receiver is Plug n Play in the Forney.  ;D 

https://youtu.be/B0qv6uPVQiU

Kevin Strong

Quote from: beweekly on February 17, 2016, 02:56:16 AM
QUESTIONS:

1) Do I have to isolate all the wires from the frame,wheels and engine? 
2)How do I connect the battery to the"plug and play" socket board of the Forney?
3) And does the Forney come with a built in speaker?   

1) No. The "track battery" switch takes care of that for you. If you're particularly OCD, you can cut the wires, but there's no need to do so.
2) There should be screw terminals on the PC board for battery power. Just hook the battery voltage input to those screw terminals. They should be marked for polarization on the board, but in case they're not, the wiring diagram on this site shows the "+" terminal to be the one closest to the plug-in socket.
3) That, I don't know.

Note: The Revolution does not pass power from the battery input pins to the +V and ground pins on the socket. (J1-6 and J1-7). As a result, you may have to jumper that connection on the PC board in order to get battery power to things like the chuff circuit, lights, and firebox. Try it first; if you don't get lights, then you'll have to solder jumper wires.

Later,

K

beweekly

The Bach Man, Joe and Kevin. Thanks Guys, :D

You're beautiful! Every question was answered,...... well except the last one :-\  I can check with Bachmann about that ...does the Forney comes with a speaker or not?  BUT, man! Thanks Kevin about the info on the "isolating issues", that can really save me a lot of work and time not having to isolate motor,track,wheels etc. with this loco. And the video from Joe, on the Revolution receiver being install in the new Bachmann Forney answers the question of "plug n' play" that I had,.. that was great! ;D . Finally, I thank the Bach Man for the AristoCraft link ,..... but have'nt gotten a reply yet :(  But I quess I really don't need it now, huh? :D.

Thanks again Guys,
Bob E Weekly