Williams Peter Witt trolley wiring

Started by jpstrainyard, February 24, 2016, 04:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpstrainyard

(The following message goes out to all owners of the Williams by Bachmann Peter Witt trolleys.
Folks who Don't own Peter Witt trolleys, Don't bother with this topic.)

JP, of Acton MA, USA writes

I have a Williams Peter Witt trolley.

I have a question about the wiring.

On the chassis, on the left side, next to the motor, there is a single solder point with 2 wires connected to that point. One wire connects to the front truck, the other wire connects to the rear truck.

These wires recently came disconnected (probably from too much truck rotation movement)

I was wondering where, on the trucks, these wires need to be re connected to.

Any help, such as a wiring diagram, or description of where the wires connect to, would be very appreciated.

Owners of the Peter Witt trolley - please remove the chassis from the shell, and let me know where the wires that I mentioned, connect to.

Thanks.

Sincerely: John Petillo
E-Mail: jpstrainyard@yahoo.com
(Replies can either be sent directly to me, via the included address, or via the Williams by Bachmann forums

(If this post Does Not receive any replies by next week, it Will Be Removed. No one replies to the 'ish' I post, anyway. -ed)
Sincerely: JP

Karl Reichenbach

I do not have a Peter Witt trolley.
My question for you is are there any wires still connected to the trucks?

Karl

jpstrainyard

JP of Acton MA, USA writes:

Karl R.,
When I discovered the disconnected wires, there were other wires still connected to the trucks. those other wires were connected to the center rail rollers, as well as a jumper wires which jump power from an axle contact on one side of the trucks, to the other axle contact on the other side of the trucks.

Anyway, after much trials and errors, I determined that the disconnected wires connected to an axle contact on each truck. I have since re-connected the wires, and the trolley runs as it should.

Thanks for the reply.
-JP
Sincerely: JP

Karl Reichenbach