Starter set layout extessions

Started by cvjg, February 28, 2016, 02:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvjg

Over the holidays I got a couple of starter set which are mostly ovals.
I recall that there were suggestions for extending the layouts on the back of the box, but I no longer have the boxes.
Are there any pdfs or other instructions I can download.?
I also keep reading about a layout called the worlds greatest hobby, but I can't find EX track instructions for it.
I saw a kit, but I already have may pieces of track and just want to know what I would need to Build it using what I already have.
One post said that JWARD has such instructions, but I don't know where to find them.
Thanks for any help.

Hunt

If you have HO then

Expander Set
Click Here for information about the Bachmann Layout Expander Set. Pick the nickel silver version.

Bachmann World's Greatest Hobby Track Pack
Click Here for information about the Bachmann Your First Railroad Track Pack

cvjg

Thanks for your answer, but I just need the plans as I already have a lot of EZ track from the starter sets.
There are other brands that have such things available, but can't find this info for Bachmann EZ track.

Len

Bachmann has a track planning book:

http://shop.bachmanntrains.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=879_604_782_784&products_id=2545&zenid=h03sm1o95lj1iv6s9kka39qnr1

Kalmbach also publishes a couple of track plan books that include plans specifically for EZ-Track. And most of the plans in the Atlas "Blueprint", Tru-Track, and 'Beginners Guide to HO' track plan books can also be built using EZ-Track. A quick search on-line for "EZ Track Plans" will also find many plans people have posted on line.

Len

If at first you don't succeed, throw it in the spare parts box.

cvjg

Thanks for your answer. I have hear on Amazon that the Bachmann book does bot have a lot of info specifically on EZ track. I will look at your other suggestions.
I just have to wonder why Bachmann themselves doe not have a section on layout plans on their site. It would appear to be a good marketing tool.
Am also still looking for copies of the layout expansions suggested on the starter set boxes. A pic of the back of the box on the site somewhere would also be useful, probably where they describe some of the sets.

jward

here is the plan:

note that all track sections are standard sections. all straights are 9" and all curves are 18r, you may have enough track to do this layout if you have more than one starter set. all you would need to purchase are the 4 switches, 2 left and 2 right.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA

cvjg

Thanks, just what I was looking for. I hope they have more images for other layouts there!

jward

google 4x8 HO track plans and see what pops up. you'd be amazed at what's out there on the net.
Jeffery S Ward Sr
Pittsburgh, PA