News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Golden Spike Layout N scale

Started by redement, February 28, 2016, 09:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redement

I bought the Golden Spike #23131 at a really good price to try DCC.  The layout is an oval with a single manual turnout.  The straight sections (5) are all 5 inch but the straight section of the turnout is 6.25 inches.  How does one form the oval missing 1.25 inches of track?  Shouldn't Bachmann have included that short section?

Rich_S

Quote from: redement on February 28, 2016, 09:53:08 PM
I bought the Golden Spike #23131 at a really good price to try DCC.  The layout is an oval with a single manual turnout.  The straight sections (5) are all 5 inch but the straight section of the turnout is 6.25 inches.  How does one form the oval missing 1.25 inches of track?  Shouldn't Bachmann have included that short section?

I do not own this set, but per this video from Bachmann on YouTube

https://youtu.be/h7_KVgZFEgs

It appears 3 straight sections are on one side of the loop and two straight sections along with the turnout are on the opposite side of the loop. The next section of track attached to the turnout appears to be the rerailer power feeder curved track section. I don't know if the location of the power feeder section makes the difference? But I'd try setting up the track as they have it laid out in the Bachmann video. 

Hope this helps,
Rich S.

Hunt

Quote from: redement on February 28, 2016, 09:53:08 PM

Yardmaster,
How does one form the oval missing 1.25 inches of track?

What is Bachmann Trains solution, a forced fit/connection?