Spring Thaw Train Show Allentown Pa weekend of 2/27 2/28

Started by HoModeler, February 29, 2016, 10:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoModeler

Hi everyone.....Did anyone attend this Show & what did you think

I decided to take a ride on Sat Morning & check the show out.... OMG NOT worth the $9.00 admission fee to get into the show it was crowded A lot of older Stuff O Gauge / Lionel / S Gauge... Vendors there where trying to sell ALOT OF JUNK @ Top Prices... I am mainly a HO guy myself not interested in all the OLDER Gauges SO after walking around drinking my coffee for a 1hr -15min I left the show... I was very disappointed that there was not a lot of HO Vendors there & the few that where there was charging TOP DOLLAR for everything... Well every vendor there acted like there stuff was made of gold & a lot of them where not that friendly either.... I felt like the $ 9.00 admission price was a rip off....

davidone

Went on Saturday and boy was it crowded. Although I am a ho guy and I agree there were few new Ho vendors. Most of the stuff for sale was junk and there was plenty of it.

I did pick up a few things like a couple of Atlas master line tank cars for a decent price. Most other things was over priced IMO.

Still had a good time looking at the layouts and talking to friends.

HoModeler

Quote from: davidone on February 29, 2016, 04:41:56 PM
Went on Saturday and boy was it crowded. Although I am a ho guy and I agree there were few new Ho vendors. Most of the stuff for sale was junk and there was plenty of it.

I did pick up a few things like a couple of Atlas master line tank cars for a decent price. Most other things was over priced IMO.

Still had a good time looking at the layouts and talking to friends.

I did talk to a few of the HO Venders there but I got the feeling from them that they really had no interest in talking to me cause I was not buying there products & just looking more so... 1 guy even told me to move on from his tables if I had no intent on buying anything... "Witch I reported him to the Show people out front for being very rude to me" I got 1 item from the show I thought was pretty cool a LVRR Light Plate with a hand painted picture of an LV F-7 loco on it...Price was $17.99 the lady took $15.00 for the plate I model LV so I thought it was good deal & had a place for it in my Layout room...