News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Thomas & Friends in 2017

Started by TrainFan97, February 29, 2016, 03:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E2 Billington

Flying Scotsman would be really cool, I mean all the factories would have to do for Flying Scotsman is take Gordan's tooling, change the paint, face, add another tender and Wa-La! It's Flying Scotsman!
Regards,
Paul H Hoff

Cheeky_ULP

As long as we get Sir Handel, and or Peter Sam, they could churn out Stanley, Charlie or Den and Dart for all I care.

E2 Billington

Regards,
Paul H Hoff

Chaz

Not entirely sure on Den and Dart happening anytime soon.  Though if Rosie is anything to go off of, Charlie seems to be the most likely candidate more than anyone else, apart from Paxton or possibly Hiro.  I think at this point we will most likely see more newer characters in HO while Bachmann will satisfy the classic audience more with narrow gauge.  After this years announcements, I've been under the impression that Bachmann intentionally announced Oliver and Skarloey at the same time last year so they can keep the older fans engaged in the narrow gauge line while announcing the one classic character in HO who has had a high demand after Duck, Donald, and Douglas.  Then after that, they would announce their first newer character this year in HO and then keep the older fans invested by continuing to move forward with the narrow gauge line with Rheneas.

If this really is the case, then I don't think this is a bad thing by any means, since the narrow gauge engines coming out is a pretty nice trade off on its own.  Plus, there are some newer characters I wouldn't mind seeing in the near future myself either in HO, Porter in particular.  But if not, then Oliver will probably be the last engine I pick up in HO for the time being so I can focus more on narrow gauge.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Akodenski

Does anyone want Ashima or Gator next year. Although Ashima is a very new character I love all the colors on her and Gator well I see him having a more likely chance to be introduced to range since he has been around longer. Nonetheless I would love to see either of these engines be released next year.

railtwister

My local shop says that their G scale railroading business has all but dried up, and they are stocking very little, because they can't afford to tie up inventory dollars if the product is not moving. O three rail has slowed down a lot, too, and it does seem to coincide with the slowed economy. I think this has a big bearing on the limited number of new items coming from Bacnmann as well, both in G and On30, which I also model in. G has a particular problem because of its large size, which makes tooling costs geometrically more expensive. At least Bachmann is bringing out new items in HO and N gauge, but the prices do seem to be getting out of control, I know I'm having to cut back on new stuff and also need to thin the present collection down, too.

Bill in FtL

Chaz

You hit the nail with the hammer on that one, Bill.  Manufacturing and pricing has always been an issue with Bachmann, especially when it comes to new toolings.  I can see why HO and narrow gauge have been doing better in regards to having a new tooling since they are nowhere near as expensive as large scale equipment.  It doesn't help that prices increase frequently too.  I think besides adding DCC/sound to the rest of their current engines, the only other engine I could see them going for is Mavis because she would only require a new body shell tooling while reusing the same motor and wheelbase as Toby.  The red coaches and other rolling stock recolors are also likely additions in the future too.  As much as I am for Henrietta in large scale, I honestly think Bachmann would more likely go for a new tooling in large scale that they know that they can reuse to make other products in the future.  Diesel and the mail car in particular I think would make more sense in that regard than anything else.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

I would guess we get one more classic, two or three more HiT characters and then we have a hiatus of the range.
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

JLK2707

What makes you think we'd get a hiatus of the range after two or three extra characters from hit, along with a classic character?

Look at what happened to Large Scale- no new engines for a while. That was my only basis.

JLK2707

Also, would this hiatus be temporary or permanent?

ClrwtrMK2

I still want a Large Scale Gordon & Henry.

Rickenbacker 325

We have G scale Winston coming out this year along with many new vans, I dont think any range will go on hiatus anytime soon.

Why hasn't Large Scale produced any new engines since Toby, though?

Metal

The problem with Large Scale is that it's.....well.....Large Scale. It's probably the reason why it's stagnant.