News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Repar

Started by Bipeflier, March 05, 2016, 09:22:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bipeflier

New to the Forum here but this is just to pass on a big thank you to Bachmann for a great repair job on one of my steam engines.

I purchased one of the 0-6-0's a couple of years ago to replace one I've had for about 15 years.

I took it out of storage a couple of weeks ago to test run it before a train show I will be attending.  Only the center set of drivers would turn.  I assumed some of the plastic gears had broken so I sent it to Bachmann with a $25 check for the repair.  Received it back today (9 days total) and it runs like a Kato!  It never ran this smoothly.  SOOOOO:  Thank you Bachmann Repair Department for a job very well done.
Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional

brokemoto

Did they fix it or give you a new one?    The newest version of this thing is runs well.   B-mann must still do something about the stock tender.   If you will buy a SPECTRUM USRA short tender and take a peek at Spookshow's website, he will tell you how to swap out the stock tender for the SPECTRUM.  This thing is a real winner with the tender swap.

spookshow

Quote from: brokemoto on March 05, 2016, 10:55:27 PM
Spookshow does state that you need not do the surgery if you use the slopeback. 

I did? Where?

Thanks,
-Mark

Bipeflier

It would appear as if they gave me the new chassis.  I only returned the chassis as I had applied decals and weathering on the engine shell and tender.

I'll check out spookshow's website, Thanks  BTW do you have a link to the mods?

brokemoto

Quote from: spookshow on March 06, 2016, 07:38:26 AM

I did? Where?

Thanks,
-Mark

Now I am wondering where I did read it. I had thought that it was on your site.    Obviously, I was incorrect.   I have made the appropriate editorial changes and do extend my apologies.

Bipeflier