News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ho vanderbilt tenders

Started by Joe T, March 12, 2016, 08:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe T

Is Bachmann going to do the vanderbilt tender again I need to find 2 or 3 of the medium ones dcc compatable.

gmhtrains

I support Joe T's desire for separate sale Vanderbilt tenders, but the preferences involve more than just medium length vsrsus shorty, and DC versus DCC. Another coal tender is worthless to those Pacific Coast modelers with oil-burning steam locomotives to keep fueled. I suspect that Bachmann  would respond sooner if the questions of length, fuel type and power source didn't have so many variables.

gmhtrains in Oregon

ryeguyisme

Sign me up for vanderbilt tenders

and a 16k gallon water buffalo tender for the N&W

Joe T

I am for any size tender small medium or large

Trainman203

Deep South roads west of the Mississippi and southwestern roads largely burned oil too.  Texas and Louisiana were, and still are, huge oil producers you should thank when you fill r up.

I have two of the medium oil bunker ones, wish I'd bought 10 while they were there.

Ernie K

If you look in the Bachmann catalog (on line) for parts you'll find several Vanderbilt tenders (complete) for sale for around $15.00
ErnieK

Pacific Northern

Quote from: Ernie K on March 13, 2016, 08:14:12 PM
If you look in the Bachmann catalog (on line) for parts you'll find several Vanderbilt tenders (complete) for sale for around $15.00
ErnieK

Could be a start, quite expensive though.

These Vanderbilts are the versions without any electronics on board. It could be a start though. Buy one of the Vanderbilt chassis and mount it on one of the 4-4-0 or 4-6-0 tender frames that come with the electronics.  This would only take care of the smaller Vanderbilt.
Pacific Northern

electrical whiz kid

Why not buy an inexpensive decoder, if all you are looking for is lights, and motor control.  Install said decoder into that tender and use whichever frame you want.  In for a penny...

Rich C.