News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Toy Fair announcements

Started by Terry Toenges, February 15, 2007, 05:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Toenges

Looks like the 2" straights lost out this time.
Feel like a Mogul.

Derek O

Ouch - now what are we going to do! Guess I'll have to startup my saw again. You would think the new EZ track layout book would call for some 2" straights - I mean how could you not need some! (I still like my earlier idea of bundling 2" straights with the layout book)

....geez - there's only so many 90 degree crossings you can sell on ebay!

Derek

BIG BEAR

OK guys,
    I'll let you in on a secret.

2.25 in. N/S   straight                   p/n 44513
3      in. N/S   straight                   p/n 44512
3      in. Steel straight                   p/n 44412
4.50 in. N/S   straight                   p/n 44514

I hope thar 1/4 in. doesn't ruin anyones day.

Barry,

...all the Live long day... If she'd let me.

Terry Toenges

Bear - You're going to let ME in on a  secret? Now what might that be? ???
Apparently you weren't following the threads about 2" inch straights on the old board and all  of the track combinations I did using the 2" straights.
And yes, that 1/4" can make the difference between track being aligned and track being misaligned.
Feel like a Mogul.

Terry Toenges

Derek - If the 2" straights are not used in the new layout book, then I wonder if the layouts in there are not going to be much different than those in the old layout book?
Feel like a Mogul.

Derek O

Terry - I wonder that too. Of course, there's only so many versions of 'classic' layouts that you can make so the book will probably have some repetition.

I certainly learned from you and others from the old board that most layout design follows basic principles. The best lesson I learned was not to follow one curve with an immediate curve in the opposite direction - thank goodness you showed me that before I spent time and money designing turnouts on my layout that would cause derailments!

Did you keep any of these old posts and layout pictures? I get the impression from all the recent questions these would be beneficial.

Derek

Terry Toenges

Derek,
I have the pictures, but I don't have the old posts.
I could post the layout pics again.
Feel like a Mogul.

Derek O

Terry - Great - I see you posted the info. Thanks. Derek