STORE
"ASK THE BACH MAN"
FORUM
PARTS, SERVICE,
& INFORMATION
CATALOGS AND
BROCHURES

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 21, 2018, 02:19:53 PM
Home Help Search Login Register
News: Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<
+  Bachmann Message Board
|-+  Discussion Boards
| |-+  Thomas & Friends
| | |-+  Ranking Bachmanns Next Engine
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Ranking Bachmanns Next Engine  (Read 2632 times)
Chaz

Who we all want Bachmann to make

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 01:05:16 AM »

Mattel might have a tighter leash on what Bachmann can make. This can explain recolors and face changing engines.

Whether or not the new cars are based on CGI or the classic series.
Yeah, I also think that Mattel seems to have this control over Bachmann, but I've been told before that it supposedly isn't as much as most people think it is, but I'm not sure how much I believe that.

"Believe" what you will, but if something is too expensive for Bachmann to produce, which would go against larger and more colorful characters Mattel would be in favor of, like Rebecca, then Bachmann would probably not even bother considering her due to her size and pricing.  For most of the recent rolling stock choices, yes I have no doubt Mattel had a higher voice in those choices, and same could probably be said for Grumpy Diesel too since these wouldn't nearly affect any sort of budget in their production, being recolors and all.  I personally don't agree with those choices but that was discussed before in another thread.  But moving back to the spiteful brake van... despite being a recolor, it doesn't really sound like a choice Mattel would suggest or even consider promoting and was announced, more likely than not, due to requests from fans.  

And going two steps further back with Stepney, Duck was announced a year before he returned into full CGI and despite this was based on his classic series model.  This would also work in the case of Stepney as I mentioned before, and I would think he would have a higher chance of coming back on top of that considering the amount of Awdry characters who have returned so far.  And considering what Sparks said in his earlier post just now about the Hornby model, the sales for a Bachmann Stepney would be there as the Duck and Oliver sales have proved that nostalgic fan favorites always seem to make their way onto the bestsellers list.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 01:35:35 AM by Chaz » Logged
Sparks

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 11:43:33 AM »

People on Twitter have pointed out there's a good chance that Wood might be discontinued. I imagine if the Wood range flopped, then Mattel might be better off letting Bachmann just do what Bachmann does best, rather than try to intervene and risk trying to break something else that doesn't need fixing.
Rodimus Supreme

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2018, 12:57:44 PM »

People on Twitter have pointed out there's a good chance that Wood might be discontinued. I imagine if the Wood range flopped, then Mattel might be better off letting Bachmann just do what Bachmann does best, rather than try to intervene and risk trying to break something else that doesn't need fixing.
That is very completely true (about the Mattel leaving Bachmann alone thing), but this is Mattel we're talking about...
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: