News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z App DC Mode Compatibility

Started by airferber, April 13, 2016, 07:23:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airferber

I have an EZ-App engine  Enabling DC mode works well with the Bachmann Controller #44212 after cycling the direction a few times.  Then I tried it with an MRC Tech 2-1400 Power Pack and a Kato Power Pack.  The DC-Mode didn't Enable itself.  If it was enabled with the Bachmann Controller,  It would only Run Backwards in DC mode on the MRC and Kato DC controllers.  It ran both directions off the bachmann controller just fine.  Hopefully a firmware update will improve compatibility with other DC controllers.  By the way, the firmware was updated before testing.

Just wanted to point that out there for Bachmann and Bluerail Trains to make a note of.

-Aaron

Grapevine Flyer

Are you using "pulsed" power supplies?  I know the user guide states it won't necessarily work with pulsed power transformers.

airferber

There is no pulse switch on the controller but when initially starting up, There is a slight pulse hum to the motor on any DC engine. so it may have some pulse involved at low voltage. but it is not PWM i think.  Every 0-16 Volt controller i have that has a little more power than the bachmann controller does have a little pulse hum when starting up at first.  The pulsed startup is for slow-speed OPs on DC Locos.

http://www.scottpages.net/ReviewOfControllers.html

(Look for the Tech 4 which i have)

Until the board can handle MRC Tech 2, 4 & 7 series in DC Mode,  I will just run them off the Bachmann 44212 controller if i use DC mode, and use the other controllers when in BLUETOOTH mode which is fine for now.

-Aaron