News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Repair or replace?

Started by tbdanny, April 14, 2016, 06:54:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbdanny

Hi all,

I've got an On30 Climax that seems to be suffering from a motor issue.  Namely, the motor seems to have a lack of power, and the model doesn't move at the speed it's supposed to.

I've had this model apart, to the point where the only thing attached to the motor was the worm gear.  While listening to it like this, I could hear the motor vary in speed despite the throttle not changing.  As such, I suspect that the motor may need to be replaced.  To this end, I'm considering sending the model to Bachmann for repairs.

The thing is, Bachmann's repair policy states that they may just replace the model instead of repair it.  I don't want that to happen, as I've done some custom detailing and lettering on this model - it's got a Backwoods Miniatures Climax detailing kit on it, a wood load made of real wood, etc.  I'm hesitant to send it in as I want to be sure I'll get the same model back.  Is there any way of guaranteeing this?

the Bach-man

Dear Danny,
Call service and discuss the situation.  They will do their best for you.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

ScottyB

Another option would be to email NWSL and ask which model is the replacement motor. Likely will be cheaper than alternatives. Talk with Bachmann first though.

Scott
On30 for me, N scale for my son.