News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ command system shut down

Started by cramsay, April 16, 2016, 07:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cramsay

Hi all-- New to modelling but have been using EZ command controller DCC for several months no problem. Put a new loco(DCC  sound) on track per instructions  to program to new address-- took off full speed, none of the controls would stop it, including stop button. Put it on my other layout  and plugged in controller on it(I only have the one controller but two layouts. same thing-- around the track once. Took loco off again by hand.  Now controller does not function, no lights or anything. Unplugged it  for two minutes per instructions, plugged back in-- nothing on either layout. Loco  was purchased as DCC ready, hobby shop which does these all the time installed MRC Diesel Onboard Module. They are closed for the weekend so can't ask them.  Is there a reset procedure other than un plugging it?And why did it respond this way?  BTW I plugged in my DC controller and the new loco has engine running sound only, my other locos run the way their sound is preprogrammed to when on DC. Thanks!

Hunt

A MRC On-board Sound Module, Diesel is intended to be used with DC power pack not DCC. Perhaps you have incorrectly identified what is installed?

The E-Z Command Control Center has an automatic overload reset trigged by unplug and wait about 5 minutes before adding power to it. If your Control Center has an ON/OFF switch,  check that it is in the ON position.

Symptoms about the state of the E-Z Command Control Center indicate it is damaged. If at any time the Wall Pack Power Supply was connected to the E-Z Command Control Center before  connecting the Control Center  to the track that could have damaged the Control Center unit.

Time to contact Bachmann Service Dept and discuss your options.

cramsay

Thanks for the reply-- in  the info in the instructions it says it can be used as  DCCdecoder. "Can be used as full function DCC decoder. Compatible with NMRA DCC standards."
Having said that, at the top it does say "for use with any DC operated layout."
I will talk to my  hobby shop Monday and have started the return process to Bachmann. Thanks again.

Hunt

cramsay  my module reply based on MRC Item # 0001001 

cramsay

This one is 0001027-- and as I say, the info is pretty conflicting in the instructions. Ideally will get an answer from my shop people this week. On the "bright" side, the unit does run the loco comparatively nicely in DC--  have not used a remote for control before. Interesting. Thanks again for the help and if any other ideas-- I'm all ears.

Bucksco

Try the EZ command with another DCC locomotive and if it works you know it is not a problem with the E-Z Command unit.

cramsay

That would be the ideal BUT the unit now will not come on at all. Tried the unplug/power off several times and nothing is happening. Thanks--