News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Snow Plow Part

Started by Zachcreek, April 18, 2016, 01:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zachcreek

I have a K-27 (455)That I purchased last year and finally got it out of the box. I am missing the right bracket for the snow plow support. The parts diagram has it as "0AZ05" Parts suggested I try here for options. They do not have the part listed as an item that they can send me.

Thanks!

Loco Bill Canelos

Hi, Zachcreek,

That is a tough situation! Is there any chance the part is hidden in some small corner of the box, or fell out while you were unpacking the loco??  I would double check everything and try to find it.  If you bought it used then all bets are off as the original owner may have lost the part.  There is nothing we here on the forum can do to help you in a direct way.  It is very unlikely anyone here has a spare bracket.  The only thing I can suggest is to check back with parts and if the missing item is part of a larger piece, you may have to buy the larger piece to get the part you want if the part is included with the larger item.  You were at one time able to buy the snowplow seperately, but I am not sure it came with the brackets, or if a dealer still has one.

Good luck,

Loco Bill
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Chuck N

If you can't find the real part, you could get a brass rod that just fits into the hole on the side of the boiler. Bend the it in two places so that it will fit into the hole on the boiler and the top of the plow. Cut off the excess and paint it black.  It won't be perfect, but it won't be too noticeable.

Remember, most of us use the"10' rule".  If you can't easily see it from 10' away, no one else will notice it.

What I'm suggesting would look similar to the wire hand rail connecting the boiler to the pilot on the LGB Mogul.  It is not perfect, but it might do until something better comes along.

Chuck

PS  I is a great engine, I love mine!

Zachcreek

Bought it new a while ago. Searched high and low in the box. Not there.  Might have to manufacture one. Thanks!