News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

dynamis and ez track turntable?

Started by raptor106, December 27, 2012, 01:34:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raptor106

hi
ok so i got ez command dynamis controller for christmas and i got to say i really like it. question has anyone have both dynamis and ez track turntable hook up. if so what do you have it program under? that if you have turntable dcc like i have.

hawaiiho

Unless you were fortunate enough to receive the turntable already fitted with a decoder, or have done this yourself, the turntable, as  sold by Bachmann is "DCC Ready" and you will need to obtain  and install a decoder. Just follow the instructions that came with the turntable.

All that is then required is to plug in the decoder and connect the turntable to your layout. The turntable is powered through your track and it would be programmed and controlled just like a locomotive with the direction switch of the Dynamis handset controlling the direction of movement of the turntable and the throttle controlling the speed of rotation.

It is also possible to operate the turntable DC and the trains DCC. That is a little more complicated and not well explained in the instructions that come with the turntable. This is what I did.

One  red cable must connected between the plug on the bottom of the turntable and the black controller box supplied with the turntable and another red cable connected between that same controller box(It has a connector on each side) and a standard Bachmann DC controller/W power
supply( I just used the one that I had been using when my layout was DC).  In this configuration,
the black controller box controls the direction the turntable rotates and the throttle on the DC controller will control the speed of rotation. All of your track on and off the turntable will be DCC.
Be very careful which track on the turntable you connect to your layout as it will only work one way. This is true with both the DC and the DCC configuration of the turntable.

Bwoodruff69

I have a used Turntable 's & switch & I am going with the DC connection option. Problem is, the unit had none of the wires needed. Can you provide what wires are needed & how to obtain them?
Thanks..