Started by Chaz, May 07, 2016, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Perhaps you could upload them to Photobucket and then link us to your page
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

grandpuff

Hello to All:

Griffin I do not know how to link you to my Photo Bucket photos.

I am almost finished with my Duke project. Yesterday I was able to complete all of the yellow stripping and install the handrails and stanchions. I also completed the yellow stripping on the cylinders, mounted the Fleischmann chassis to the boiler, glued the Duke face to the smoke box, and test ran everything.

The only things left to do are to install the head and tail lanterns which are on their way from Langley, and mount the brass Duke name plates which are on their way from Narrow Planet.

Since I still cannot figure out how to post photos from Photo Bucket I have decided to post a video of my completed Duke loco running on a test track to my You Tube video page so you can check it out there. I will let you all know when that has been posted. In the meantime you can check out my other HO and Large Scale videos by searching You Tube for RXRBILL and all of my videos should pop up. There is a 4 minute video trip around my HO scale garage layout using a camera car that holds my iPhone. I am hoping to add some narrow gauge track to one of my mines for my narrow gauge locos to run on.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

grandpuff

Grandpuff

grandpuff

Well I am not sure how it happened, but I just uploaded a photo of my duke project.

This is before any priming or painting have been done.

I will try some more tomorrow to upload a few more if I can figure out what I did.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Chaz

Glad to see that a photo of your Duke project is finally up!  Please keep us updated on progress. :)
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

http://i1160.photobucket.com/albums/q486/av8rdad/IMG_0484_zpsxudjin3i.jpg

Paste this link into your browser and you'll be able to scroll through grandpuff's photo bucket. as long as he keeps uploading there, we should be able to keep up with his progress. I'm impressed. great job!

Captain Crutch

It would appear that this Instagram user is going to post a picture of Rheneas some time today. On the video of the Bachmann test track they made a comment stating that they'd get a better picture of Rheneas at the booth today, it was gonna be yesterday but they didn't get a chance. Just keep your eyes peeled so we can get a better picture of Rheneas's model.

https://www.instagram.com/hobbytownva/
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

grandpuff

Thanks Griffin. I will post a few more showing the finished stripping and handrails. I am still waiting for the lanterns and nameplates to finish my Duke. When it is finished I will be posting a short video on my You Tube channel. Just search for RXRBILL to see my videos.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Quote from: HLC Railroad on February 20, 2017, 11:13:14 AM
It would appear that this Instagram user is going to post a picture of Rheneas some time today. On the video of the Bachmann test track they made a comment stating that they'd get a better picture of Rheneas at the booth today, it was gonna be yesterday but they didn't get a chance. Just keep your eyes peeled so we can get a better picture of Rheneas's model.

https://www.instagram.com/hobbytownva/
Rheneas wasn't on display, so no picture. :-(

When does the catalogue come out? Shouldn't it be today?

TTTEfan1992

Well from what happened last year, the catalog came out 2 or 3 days after the last day of the New York Toy Fair. Therefore, Bachmann should upload their catalog for this year on their website on either this Thursday 2-23-17, or this Friday 2-24-17.

Rickenbacker 325

Bachmann's 2017 catalogue is available. Go to the 2016 catalogue and replace the 2016 with 2017.

TTTEfan1992

Yeah, thank you for the information on that. I found that out last night from Chaz, and Griffin on the "OFFICIAL 2017 THOMAS & FRIENDS NEW PRODUCTS ANNOUNCEMENT!" thread.  I didn't know you can do that. I'm glad I know I can do that now. The 2017 catalog is actually posted now. Nobody has to go to the url and change the text "2016" to "2017".

grandpuff

Well what do you know, I finally figured it out thanks to Griffin's encouragement.

Chaz your and Michael's work on your Duke model were a real inspiration for me to start my Duke project which I have wanted to do for many years now. I also want to thank you for your very generous sharing of the information here on the forum that I needed to make this journey behind your efforts.

I hope our work will eventually inspire Bachmann to some day produce a Duke model in the new Narrow Gauge Line. Duke has always had a very big following with many of the Narrow Gauge fans.

As soon as the brass nameplates arrive and I can get them installed I will post a few final completion photos now that I know how. I also still plan to post a video to my You Tube Channel RXRBILL.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff