News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread

Started by Chaz, May 07, 2016, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

This is fantastic, Grandpuff! Truly awesome. Glad I could help with the pictures ;)
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

Chaz

Color me impressed!  Your Duke model looks incredible so far and I am excited to see how the nameplates will turn out too.  As always, thanks again for keeping us updated and I am flattered that my Duke model inspirered you to look into making your own. :)

On a completely different note, is anyone else excited for the Rusty model coming soon?  As soon as he is listed for preorder I will plan on ordering him.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Although I don't have any narrow gauge engines or rolling stock, I'll hopefully begin collecting them. The range is just too good not to~

grandpuff

Yes, I plan on getting both Rheneas and Rusty when available to go with my Duke and Skarloey.

No HOn30 layout, but I do plan on adding some HOn30 track to my existing HO layout.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

grandpuff

Hi to All:

I am happy to report that my Duke project is now complete with the installation of the Duke nameplates.

Thanks again to Chaz, Michael, and Griffin for all of your help and encouragement.

Here are a few more photos of the completed Duke.

I will try to post a short video on my You Tube channel in a few days, just search for RXRBILL and my videos will pop up.

Grandpuff

[/URL]
Grandpuff

donaldthescottishtwin

Wheels still need to be painted.

Captain Crutch

Duke looks amazing, can't wait for the video, I wanna see him run. The only thing I'd change is the pipe on his front buffer plate, but that's just me. I know I for one couldn't work that much detail in such a small scale. Once the rest of the narrow gauge engines come out we can have the whole railways back together since there are plenty of characters other than duke that are probably on the list of returning characters. But I can imagine his return already, they show Duke being rediscovered in that old shed, to be rescued and brought to the Skarloey Railway. One day we may see it. In the mean time we have two 009 scale models of him to appreciate.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Oh wow, Grandpuff, that's truly amazing! I'm so impressed! Just goes to show what a little paint and some determination can do..awesome.

Chaz

Granpuff, your Duke model looks excellent and I'm really happy seeing that the time and effort paid off on your end.  Thanks for posting that in this thread, and I am excited to see a video of him running. 

Great job!

grandpuff

Hello To All:

I just finished uploading a short video of my Duke Project Loco running around a loop of N gauge track.

The You Tube link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZaZ1RywI7U/

If that does not work for you just do a You Tube search for RXRBILL and all of my videos should pop up.

Included there are videos of my Large 1/8 scale trains at Train Mountain, and some videos of my HO layout and trains.

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Chaz

The link did not work but I was able to look it up as suggested earlier.

The video of Duke running turned out great, and it was nice seeing the model in action.  Hopefully it will also encourage others to look into making Duke models of their own too.

He will look great alongside Skarloey, Rheneas and Rusty, and I definetely agree with you that Sir Handel and Peter Sam should be made in the future too.  

grandpuff

Chaz, I just fixed the link to my video in the message above. I found out that what I thought was a lower case "l" was actually an upper case "I'. So the link works now. While you are on You Tube go to my You Tube Channel "RXRBILL" (Railroad Bill) and take a look at my track level video of my HO layout and other goodies.

I have a garage sized HO layout that I have been building for the last 25 years and I am planning on adding some dual gauge trackage between my ore processing plant and mine. I know that you posted info on the HOn30 dual gauge track available at Hattons in the UK, but they do not carry dual gauge turnouts. I have found that Peach Creek Shops in the USA  makes some, but does anyone know if they are available from any other sources? Not HO/HOn3 turnouts, but HO/HOn30.

Hoping that Rheneas arrives soon to keep Duke and Skarloey company.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

ThomasFan247

Hi guys!

As some of you know, I've been working on OOZ models of Mike, Rex, and Bert. For anyone interested, here's a video of Mike and Rex - Bert's motor is being somewhat troublesome, so he wasn't included in this video, but he will appear in future ones. I hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzLuYJ8z5gc

PasqualeCS96

Amazing! You have resource and sagacity  ;)

Captain Crutch

Here's some 3-D printed rolling stock if anyone wants it.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/elsbridge-model-shop?section=&sort=pricelh

There's some different/more accurate slate wagons and a flatbed and another wagon of sorts that could maybe be used to make Cora. Just thought I'd share.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!