News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread

Started by Chaz, May 07, 2016, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trains4life

Does anyone know where I can buy a shed that will fit both Skarloey and Rheneas, or a shed that will fit just Skarloey. Thanks!

trains4life

Captain Crutch

Quote from: HLC Railroad on May 27, 2017, 05:46:08 PM
Here's some 3-D printed rolling stock if anyone wants it.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/elsbridge-model-shop?section=&sort=pricelh

There's some different/more accurate slate wagons and a flatbed and another wagon of sorts that could maybe be used to make Cora. Just thought I'd share.
There's now a "Gunpowder Van" and a coach on that shop as well. Figure some people can get their coaches from there until Bachmann inevitably comes out with their own.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Chaz

Well I finally got around to working on the club setup, happy to confirm that I finally got the trestle completed and I wired and ballasted the last siding so I'm pretty content with how everything turned out.  As usual here are some pictures:

I might also look into starting my own 009 setup too, but that's another story.  In the meantime I will take more pictures at our upcoming shows, fingers crossed Rheneas will be out by this summer so I can run him at our club's summer shows too.  An update on Rusty at the NMRA would also be a nice bonus too.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

ChaoticCreeper55

Hello all!

I am currently stuck at the airport so I thought I would come on and ask everyone's opinion on Rusty being the next (after Rheneas of course ;)) narrow gauge engine on the scene. I personally like the idea of Rusty coming next, but would have preferred Sir Handel, but I am biased ::). I also am hoping that using this thread will have it "come back" because I love looking at all you guys are doing with your narrow gauge models. One more question I have for you guys, is anyone working on a model of Blue Mountain Quarry or a model of Skarloey's Railway? Thanks!

-Chaotic

Titanic5972

Fairs fair to have a diesel though.

Chaz

Personally, I'm thrilled that Rusty is coming out.  He is one of my favorite characters and second favorite narrow gauge engine, behind Peter Sam.  Seeing as how Skarloey and Rheneas turned out I'm interested to see how he will turn out.

I know a lot more people were expecting Sir Handel this year, (myself included), but really though, no merchandise line has ever released the narrow gauge engines in numerical order before, and Bachmann is no exception.  I don't mind what order they release/announce the narrow gauge engines either, as long as they avoid the newer characters and announce Sir Handel, Peter Sam and Duncan first, then I have no complaints.  Even though I'm indifferent to Duncan's CG render I'd still much rather see him over Victor, Millie or Luke any day.

Fortunately though, seeing as how HO completed engines 1-11 before doing any post season 7 engines, I have a feeling Bachmann will do the same with narrow gauge too by finishing the original six first.

ChaoticCreeper55

I agree with both of you guys, Titanic5972 and Chaz. Another question us have any of you guys thought about Sodor Scenery or Resign Buildings for the narrow gauge range? Another thing I think would be nice to see is the Blue Mountain Quarry turntable be put out because at least I haven't seen a dual gauge turntable before. Thoughts?

-Chaotic

Chaz

Well the Trackside Station that came out a few years ago was the season 4 version of Glennock.  So if they do resin buildings anytime soon for narrow gauge I would love to see them do some sheds.  These ones in particular:

As for the turntable I don't see it happening personally, I would bet on more buildings being added first before making a dual gauge turntable.

ChaoticCreeper55

Quote from: Chaz on August 03, 2017, 03:52:58 PM
Well the Trackside Station that came out a few years ago was the season 4 version of Glennock.  So if they do resin buildings anytime soon for narrow gauge I would love to see them do some sheds.  These ones in particular:

As for the turntable I don't see it happening personally, I would bet on more buildings being added first before making a dual gauge turntable.

I would love to see those shed as well!!! I agree that more buildings will be made first, but if they are going with the mining aspect of the narrow gauge, it plays a big part in the quarry because it is somewhat of "meeting spot/home base" at the Blue Mountain Quarry. Also, I have looked and have not found a dual gauge turntable anywhere so that mean means if they do make it, it wouldn't just bring in Thomas fans, but also anyone who makes or is making an ho/hon30 model railroad.

ChaoticCreeper55

Hi all,

One more thing I have to ask is does anyone have any updates on their narrow gauge layouts and/or some custom models of the narrow gauge engines?

-Chaotic

grandpuff

Chaotic:

If you did not see them earlier, take a look back to about page 3 of this thread to see the Duke model that Chaz built.

It was done so well that it inspired me to built my own with his generous help and guidance.

You can see my Duke model at around pages 6 and 7 of this thread.

You will also find a You Tube link there to a short video I posted of my completed Duke model running.

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

mully

Apologize for the last post my photo bucket isn't working needs an update or something. As I was saying I personally think that if bachmann make any sheds for the skarloey railway it will likely be based off the sheds at the depot. Probably the brick shed in the middle and the one on the left which is like a double line engine shed.  :)  in other news related to this thread I am busy making a narrow guage line based off season 4/6/18 I will post some updates as soon as I have made some progress 
Yours

Plow_Bender

Hey Mully,
I believe the problem you're having with Photobucket right now is that you're not subscribed to them.  Last month they stopped letting people share photos that were stored on their site to the rest of the web unless you paid for a subscription.  If you look at some of my older posts, you can see my photos have been effected as well.  This recent change has actually been a recent topic I've seen brought up in the Large Scale board, and if you'd like some more info, I'll leave a link below for you.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,33882.0.html

I'd recommend possibly looking into another website to upload and share your photos on here, unless you want to be paying almost $400 a year to use Photobucket.  Needless to say, I too need to make a decision on something if I ever need to upload photos here again in the future.  Hope this helps!

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."