News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread

Started by Chaz, May 07, 2016, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal

You could try Flickr, that's a photo sharing site I used back in middle school. See if that could work. I might considering making a new one now.

grandpuff

Hi to All:

After finishing my Duke model shown on pages 6 and 7 on this thread I wanted some passenger coaches for him to pull.

Since Bachmann has not yet produced any coaches I looked around and found some at Shapeways.

There is a link posted by HLC on page 7 of this thread so you can check it out.

I will try to post some photos from my new Flikr account. Just as I figured out Photobucket they started charging to share.

I hope this works...IMG_0624 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

grandpuff

OK I just figured out how to post from Flikr.

If you click on my name after the single photo it will take you to my account and you can see the other 6 photos.

The Shapeways link will take you to Elsbridge Shops in the UK so you can check out their offerings. Very nice stuff.

I used Microtrains N scale wheels sets, Peco GR-102 coupler pockets (modified), and Peco GR-103 OO9 couplers, plus of course paint to complete my models.

I am very happy to have some coaches and a brake van to  run until Bachmann produces some.

Where Oh Where is Rheneas???

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

I'm seriously impressed by the paint job, grandpuff. so clean and well done, simply lovely. makes me want to start my own narrow gauge setup!
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

grandpuff

Thank you Griffin. Here are a few more photos...
[/url]IMG_0631 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr][/img]

IMG_0630 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr//flic.kr/p/YMnriR][/url]IMG_0629 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr
IMG_0628 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Chaz

It's great seeing you take on other projects like this granpuff, well done!  I always liked the blue livery more on the classic narrow gauge coaches, and I always pictured Bachmann making red coaches to match what's in CGI/Talyllyn so maybe I might look into doing these myself!

I also got some new gunpowder wagons from kits produced by Adam, which as a result turned out pretty good.  If you want gunpowder wagons I would highly recommend them:

Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

mully

I love the detailing on the coaches. I'd love to share my work sadly I'm unable to find a source that can preview photos on here as my photobucket isn't alowing it. Can Anyone help please. I do have a Instagram if anyone wants to see my work in the mean time mulfredmodelrailway

grandpuff

Hi Chaz:

I really like your Gunpowder wagons, very nice job. I am tempted to build a few too.

Griffin:

Thanks for your comments on my coaches. I usually use my air brush to paint my models but this time I used 3 Oz rattle cans because I was able to find the colors I needed. My secret for a good multi-color paint job is to never use the tan masking tape. I only use good quality blue painters tape. I also use the flat blade of a small screw driver to smooth the edges and corners to prevent any bleed through.

Mully:

Everyone is having trouble with Photobucket since they started to charge for photo sharing. The photos I just posted were done using Flikr. Not too hard to figure out.

Where Oh Where is Rheneas???

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

ChaoticCreeper55

Hey everybody! How are all of your models? Have any pictures cause I'd love to see them! Have anyone made a mighty Mac or Freddie or anything else? Talk to you soon!

-Chaotic

Captain Crutch

Quote from: ChaoticCreeper55 on October 25, 2017, 10:59:09 PM
Hey everybody! How are all of your models? Have any pictures cause I'd love to see them! Have anyone made a mighty Mac or Freddie or anything else? Talk to you soon!

-Chaotic
Nobody has made Mighty Mac yet but there's a kit you could use to make one here: http://www.langley-models.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Locomotive_Body_kits_55.html

You'd just need faces and then whatever the kit tells you. It's from the same place as the Duke models that now two people have made.
As for Freddie, I don't know where you'd find one but to my knowledge nobody has made one yet.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Plow_Bender

Some of you younger fellas might not remember him, but the YouTuber Topkazfatt has made the narrow gauge engines (including Freddie and Mighty Mac) and their Talyllyn counterparts.  He's also attempted making the Arlesdale and Culdee Fell engines as well.  Most of his engines were made from existing merchandise, but he has used kits and built some of his own chassis.  Check out his channel via the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/topkazfatt

Sadly he doesn't seem to be doing anymore modeling these days and has actually been quite inactive the last few years.  Considering he's been doing this since 2007 and within the last few years had 2 kids, I dare say family takes priority now.  Still have to admire his work though. ;)

-Rusty
"If you can't beat them, hire someone to do it..."

Cheeky_ULP

The downside to his Skarloey models is mainly the scale; he uses Bandai TECS which looks huge next to HO/OO. They were pretty cool back in the day, but nowadays we have much more accurate models, and ways to make extra rolling stock that's also accurate.

ChaoticCreeper55

Hey guys! They have come out with a picture of Rheneas and it looks very good! Obviously you cannot see everything but from what is shown I am very excited to get it right when it comes out!

-CC55

grandpuff

Hello to All:

Thought I would share a few photos showing some of the Thomas Narrow Gauge rolling stock that I have been working on recently. As the photos show I have added a couple more brake vans so I now have them in red, brown, and in blue to match my coaches. As can be seen in one photo I am presently working on a couple of D. Fusit Gunpowder wagons. I still need to do the lettering. These are all 3D printed models that will do until Bachmann produces some of these models. As soon as Rheneas gets here I plan on posting another video on my You Tube Channel RXRBILL of my Narrow Gauge equipment operating. I am still in the planning stage of where I can add some dual gauge trackage to my existing HO scale railroad.
IMG_0653 by Bill Dwyer, on FlickrIMG_0654 by Bill Dwyer, on FlickrIMG_0657 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Chaz

Nice work on the brake vans and gunpowder wagons!  Keep me updated on how you get the decals for the D Fusit wagons.  I'm looking into a brake van kit myself that I ordered but it still hasn't arrived yet.  Like you, as soon as Bachmann announces some I will be buying them. 
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.