News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Narrow Gauge Modeling Thread

Started by Chaz, May 07, 2016, 03:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandpuff

Hello To All:

Here is a photo of my new D. Fusit Gunpowder Wagons.
I used Woodland Scenics dry transfer lettering applied one letter at a time.
I was going for an irregular look to resemble the original hand lettering.

http://[url=https://flic.kr/p/GtxYAR]]IMG_0660 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr[/img][/url]

I have also received most of the parts I need to start the assembly of my Mighty Mac loco which interestingly uses a Bachmann GP-50 loco as the power chassis.

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Griffin (TheBlueSnowplow)

Hey grand puff! The D. Fusit wagon looks great. What faces are you planning to use for Mighty Mac?
Check out my Youtube channel below. 
www.youtube.com/thebluesnowplow

grandpuff

Hi Griffin:

I hope to use faces off of a Mighty Mac toy. I will not know until it arrives on Monday if they will be the right size.

I also have brass name plates ordered from Narrow Planet even though the Thomas Mighty Mac did not have them the original  basis loco did.

I was able to correct the photo link in my message above so the photo is displayed now.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Captain Crutch

The gun powder wagons look amazing grandpuff. I can't wait to see Mighty Mac. You're work with detailing these models is amazing. Also, I'm glad to see that the link I posted has proved useful to fellow modelers. I look forward to seeing Skarloey, Rheneas and Duke running around with the Shays and Cab-forwards I see in some of your pictures.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

grandpuff

Hello again to All:

As I promised this is my first installment of progress in the assembly of my OO9 or HOn30 Mighty Mac locomotive using parts from various suppliers in the UK. The first photo shows Thomas and Mighty Mac from the TV Series for reference. The second photo shows progress so far to cleaning up the loco castings which has taken about a week.

[/url]Attachment-1 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]IMG_0662 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr][/img]

I now have the paint, gold, red, and yellow 1/16 stripping tape, hand rail stantions, and the Bachmann N scale GP-50 loco which will be used for the mechanism after removing the side frames and drilling the wheels for the side and driving rods.

I will be posting additional progress photos as the work progresses.

I am not sure why my photos from Flikr are not appearing as they should and will investigate.
In the mean time you can click on the links.

Anyone know what I am doing incorrectly?

Enjoy,
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Angelob6660

Interesting project on your hands. I will be glad to see more pictures than process continues.
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

Captain Crutch

Quote from: angelob6660 on November 18, 2017, 12:31:22 PM
Interesting project on your hands. I will be glad to see more pictures than process continues.
Indeed! This seems like a lovely project, I hope the face looks better on the model that the TnP one. I doubt they'd fit but I have an old Tomy Mighty Mac and I love those faces.
Just a thought.
Can't wait to see your further progress.

As well, I just saw that the Elsbridge Shop has Water Towers and Hoppers for the Narrow Gauge engine, in case anyone's looking.
Formerly HLC Railroad, but now I'm back and better than ever!

Chaz

Best of luck on the Mighty Mac project Granpuff.  The decals you added to your gunpowder wagons look really nice and I'm glad to see you continue to make great progress!
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

grandpuff

Thank you Chaz. I will post some more progress photos of Mighty Mac as soon as I can figure out why my Flikr photos are not posting correctly. My previous Flikr photos of my narrow gauge coaches and brake van along with my D. Fusit Gunpowder wagons posted just fine.

Any ideas what the problem may be anyone?

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

grandpuff

Just to let everyone know I was just notified by "TW" that my Rheneas was shipped today.

Horray !!!
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

grandpuff

Rheneas is here. Thank you Bachmann for another fantastic narrow gauge model.

IMG_0673 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr

[/url]IMG_0674 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]IMG_0676 by Bill Dwyer, on Flickr][/img]

I will post some more Mighty Mac photos soon.
Grandpuff
Grandpuff

Chaz

Looks like the three of us, including Anthony P2, all got our orders from Trainworld delivered at the same time! They are a great business and I will definitely be ordering products from them in the future like Rusty, instead of HobbyLinc.

He was very popular at my club's show, to a point where visitors were literally clapping every time he came out of one of the tunnel in my setup!  I'll post more pictures from the show on here later.
Modeler of HO/OO, OO9 and N scale.  Hoping for N scale Henry, Edward and Duck.

Angelob6660

I love your line up Grandpuff.

Where they on your layout or a conversion layout train show?
"...but I don't go to the movies much. If you've seen one you've seen them all."
-Kathy Selden

grandpuff

Hello Angelo:

Thank you for asking.

The photos were taken on my new 3 track Narrow Gauge staging yard I just added to my existing HO layout in my two car garage that I have been building for over 25 years now in anticipation of adding some narrow gauge and dual gauge trackage to my existing layout.

My Rheneas runs very well and the detail is very well done as Chaz has stated in his great review, thank you Chaz.

My Mighty Mac project is progressing well and I will be posting more photos soon now that I have solved my Flikr problem.

Grandpuff
Grandpuff

TrainshockeylifE

Ok, if not allowed please take this down, does anyone have any suggestions on what to used to make the narrow gauge coaches, besides on shapeways?