O scale Trains and O Scale Cars, Trucks & People

Started by GovB, May 14, 2016, 02:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GovB

I'm starting my very first O gauge layout, after many plans, and would like some guidance as to which scale cars/trucks look good with which scale people.  ???  In real life you see various size vehicles with various size people. But some 1:48 trains don't look right with 1:43 vehicles or 1:48/50 people.

What has been your experiences with size and scale?

All help welcome.  ;D

Thanks, JohnB
Happy Rails to You, GovB

phillyreading

A lot of stuff has been trial and error. Lionel's trucks are all over the spectrum as far as size goes.
Try www.diecastdirect.com for 1/43 scale items.
Plasticville is underscale for O gauge trains, but mainly all the same is size.

Lee F.

Country Joe

I use 1/43 scale vehicles and O gauge people by Woodland Scenics and Bachmann SceneScapes. I have a 1/43 scale box truck and it looks too big to me. I will use 1/50 scale trucks and busses in the future.

Ken G Price

Then there are the objects that are exactly the correct size and just do not look correct no matter what.

This is true in all scales. So some times I will finally get use to the thing or not and have to remove it.
Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

GovB

Thanks for the help and advice. I guess model railroading is like art. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So, I did some beholding and took some photo to share. All 3 trucks are 1:43. The blue on is an ERTL and the other two are K-line. "Bob" in the back of the Coca-Cola truck is from K-line / RMT / O-line / and who knows what next. I compared the ERTL and K-line trucks to real-life dimensions from an online source and surprisingly they were pretty close as to wheel base, height to top of cab and width. The coke bottles are from my G gauge stuff but they didn't jump out at me. I think if I were to use 1:43 with BEEPeople and kept them far enough apart it would look ok, to me.

I have photos (that are too large) but don't know how to share them! Help!  ???

Thanks, JohnB
Happy Rails to You, GovB

Ken G Price

If the site says the photos are to large, then why not resize them with the software provided by who ever you host them with?

I uses Photobucket for my online storage so I can use their software.

Ken G Price N-Scale out west. 1995-1996 or so! UP, SP, MoPac.
Pictures Of My Layout, http://s567.photobucket.com/albums/ss115/kengprice/

GovB

This will be the 3rd time I tried to post a photo. Thanks to Loco Bill for the instructions that he posted, "How to post a photo on the Bachmann Froum using Photobucket". Here goes.....

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle, it worked. Thanks Loco Bill
GovB
Happy Rails to You, GovB