News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

July 2016 National Train Show

Started by Steve Magee, May 25, 2016, 06:00:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Magee

Several years ago the lead up to the National Train Show was accompanied (at least on this board) by speculation on what might be new in On30 plus accompaniments of pleas for favorite prototypes to be produced. This year, nada. Zip. I guess that signifies that most On30 meddlers realize that nothing new is in the wings, and the end of the On30 range is nigh. A pity. But I will still remain loyal to the cause.

Steve Magee
On30 Lumber Mountain RR
Newcastle NSW Aust

p51

Same thing happened at the show in Portland last year. I was there and all the buzz was about other scales and gauges, but hardly anything in On30 (if you were a N-scaler, though, you'd have loved the show). There wasn't even any club On30 stuff, just one single module that a modeler put together and that was it for the entire show, from this photo I took of it:

-Lee

2foot6

If the end of On30  manufacturing is close,perhaps that will open the market more for more cottage industries manufacturing bodies and accessories for HO mechanisms as kits and ready to run.I think (hope) there is enough of us out there to support these industries should Bachmann pull out of the On30 scale.Probably some of the issues regarding the release of new models is the cost of setting up dies and what model do you make that will be a big seller.We can only hope that Bachmann stay in the On30 scale ,what has been made is of good quality and design apart from the gearing issues..........Peter.