News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

N EMD DD 40AX DCC

Started by Jimthomason, May 27, 2016, 07:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimthomason

My EMD DD 40AX will not run. It worked for about 1 hour (not steady running)  But now the revolving light on the cab lights up but the engine will not move. I have tried it on both DC and DCC.
Also can you tell me how to get the cab off the chassis? maybe I can fix it myself.
JIM

spookshow

A reboot (decoder reset) is always the first thing to try with a misbehaving DCC-equipped loco. Just write 8 to CV8.

The shell is held in place by small metal bumps in the sides of the chassis. To remove the shell, just spread the sides apart a bit to free it from the bumps. It should lift off readily at that point.

Good luck!
-Mark

Jimthomason

How do I reboot the decoder?
Jim

Mike C

Quote from: Jimthomason on May 28, 2016, 09:56:12 AM
How do I reboot the decoder?
Jim

Which DCC system are you using ?    If you have Easy DCC I don't think that you can do any CV changes , But if you have Dyanimis , or an NCE or Digitrax system  you can just go into program mode to bring up CV 8.

Hunt

Quote from: Mike C on May 28, 2016, 10:34:15 AM

Which DCC system are you using ?    If you have Easy DCC I don't think that you can do any CV changes , But if you have Dyanimis , or an NCE or Digitrax system  you can just go into program mode to bring up CV 8.

EasyDCC is made by CVP Products and is capable of programming all CVs.

E-Z Command Control Center is Bachmann DCC system and it is not capable of programming by user supplied CV number.

Mike C

Quote from: Hunt on May 29, 2016, 08:46:53 AM
Quote from: Mike C on May 28, 2016, 10:34:15 AM

EasyDCC is made by CVP Products and is capable of programming all CVs.

E-Z Command Control Center is Bachmann DCC system and it is not capable of programming by user supplied CV number.

Probably I used the wrong name , I was meaning to say the basic Bachmann system can't program CV's .